Universal CLARC (by Matthias Titze)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    After three days, i think it's a very good game, in every aspects. Controls are great for me, it takes a little time to manage them, after that they're perfects (i'm playing with an ipad) Puzzles are great too, not very hard for the moment, but it's maybe better than being stucked somewhere. I like the way i have to think to resolve a situation. Visuals are really great too.
    I'll write a five star review on the belgian appstore.

Recommended! Thanks to devs!

2. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    #62 tjtoed, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Wow

I picked up the demo, went through the three levels and went and bought the full game.
    This is a fantastic game, and on an iPad mini retina, the controls are perfect.

Where did this come from?

TA needs to do a review on this... it needs some exposure.

Absolutely fantastic game.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    A bit stuck on level 4. Any chance for iCloud support?

This is the most under rated game ever! Does another forum exist for this game outside of TA?

4. CLARC GoldenTricycle

Mar 25, 2014
    THE DEVS speaking:
    Thanks for your positive feedback.

If the game finds an audience allowing us to continue improving the game we will include support for iOS GameCenter and GooglePlay Games in the next update. The Amazon KindleFire edition already features GameCircle integration (as they wanted the feature for promotion). Therefore we already have a plan how to integrate CloudSync for game progress and Achievements. We are not so sure what we could use for leaderboards and will most likely not include that.

So far I do not know any other forum with an audience discussing this game. But for help there is already a full walkthrough video on YOUTUBE.

By the way: CLARC is now also available on GooglePlay!!!!

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats on the frickin awesome review!

6. David1105

David1105 Member

Feb 12, 2012
    The only thing wrong with this game is how big the file size is. Otherwise I can't find a fault with this title. It is awesome in every way.

7. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't notice this game until I read the review. Glad that TA reviewed it, otherwise I would have missed this gem.

To the devs.: thanks for your attention :):)

8. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Game Impressions

Wonderful, wonderful game. The graphics are gorgeous, the puzzle difficulty ramps up nicely, and there's a nice little storyline woven through the levels. The only thing I don't really like are the enemies that chase you, because I prefer the leisurely experience of solving puzzles, but fortunately, they aren't in too many levels so far.

Devs, is there any way to pause a puzzle and go back to it without starting over?

(Also, does anybody have any hints for the first puzzle after Clara's
    taken up by the tractor beam
    ? I think I know what needs to be done but I cannot work out how to do so without getting shot.)

Cheers.

9. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Just picked the game up. I played the first few levels that was in the lite version and finally got around to buying the full game and loved every minute of it.

Is there any chance there will be more levels added in the future?

10. Alright, keep up the good work, having a fun time playing so far.

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Oh wow I really enjoyed this game although I was a bit confused with the ending?
    So bassiclly you destroy the earth by launching all the missiles etc.. This destroying mankind so the love of a robot and a missile can be with each other?

Also I guess I'm on the bonus levels now? But it's still main story so I gues it's optional. Well I'm a the main Boss on the second to last level and I have no idea what to do? There have been alot of those head scratchers along the way, but this one I think I'm really stumped? I'm guessing you have to kill that little thing that pops up but having the Boss shoot him while using the other laser block doesn't seem possible? I dunno all I can do is destroy one eye then I'm stumped.

Anyways thanks for this game I really liked it(except for the ending part? But I guess there's probly another ending so ill see)

12. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Wasn't expecting a sale that quickly. Hope it's selling well enough. Any more levels on the way?

13. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    This game is almost good except annoying action moments when you mustl avoid tankbots.

14. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    ^ ya they can be a pain but its kinda fun playing hise and seek with them. Plus it adds a sense of urgency you don't normally have.

Well I did finnaly beat the whole game and I have to say I think this is one of the best games of its kind.(even better than Machinarium - a game I'm thinking Clarc takes some inspiration from) I dunno if I had to compare this to something like Monument Valley Id rate this game alot higher. Clarc just has so much more content that it blows away a shorter game even if it is more unique. Normally I would enjoy quality over quantity but Clarc has just as much quality as any other type of puzzle/adventure game.

Also it packs in so many challenges it makes a game like Zelda look like a child's game. So ya there are alot of difficult puzzles and challenges but you will most likely want to keep trying things to figure it out.

To any one who has t played this game yet is reccomend you do so... It's just that good.

15. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    I concur!

Only picked this up recently and it's become one of my favourite games. Some levels I initially thought were impossible eventually became clear and the sense of satisfaction from completing them is most satisfying. That's right. As satisfying as a satisfying thing.

With the tankbots I encountered the occasional degree of frustration but once you understand how they move you can make them dance to your tune. Bwa ha haaa!

My only disappointment with the game is that I've only got three levels left to complete!

16. Paulos G

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Just beat the boss that you were stuck on Darth Ronfur. Took me a while to work it out too!

The last two levels are locked for me. Any idea how I unlock them?

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    The AppStore description says it's a limited time 50% off sale but shows up as $3.99. Isn't that the full price?

18. Paulos G

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Ah, he said, quoting his previous post. Despite there being a padlock symbol on the last two squares there are only 25 levels. Looks like I have actually completed the game. Which is a shame. Because it was excellent.

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Anyone else surprised this game isn't a bigger hit and doesn't have that much discussion? I think it one of the most complete package ios games both graphically, sound, and gameplay.

This hasn't been revived from my iPad or iPhone since purchasing it!

20. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    #80 yojimbo, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    The last two rooms on level 18, with a tank in each one. Devs, please add a restart point inbetween those 2 rooms.

Edit: ok, finally cleared level 18, after about a hundred runs at those last rooms. Level 19 also tough as nails. I think I've basically hit my limit in terms of difficulty level I can handle on a touch screen. I might have to sign out of Clarc at this point. Oh well, the first 18 stages were fun.

Have you seen this walk through? Look at level 19 (around the 20 minute mark). He nails even the hardest bits on the first or second go, it's insane! I don't think he's human. Or maybe he just uses a controller?

http://youtu.be/5a_CrtXasjU

Edit 2: ok, maybe I was a bit harsh on level 19. The new type of tank they have on the mothership is interesting, introduces a stealth mechanic that you don't really get with the old tanks.

Edit 3: finished the game! The last room took nearly a 100 attempts I reckon. Nice to play an ios game with a full set of levels at release. It would be cool if there was a rewind mechanic like that game Braid, for situations where you make a tiny error