Universal CLARC (by Matthias Titze)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Thanks you and Sanuku. I'm not angry at all, it was the first time i saw two different prices on the appstore. Now i understand, don't worry. BTW, i've choosed the lowest price.

I've seen it's translated in french, thanks for that. I'll play it this night, looks great!

2. CLARC GoldenTricycle

Mar 25, 2014
    Aaron Pitt did a full walkthrough video set – just if anyone wants to check out how complex it gets.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #23 Qwertz555, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    I'm just short into the lite version and immediately felt not comfortable with the movement solution as is. Honestly, almost couldn't be worse, not intuitive at all when i have to look where to push. (Maybe it's just me) The swipe to look works great though.
    With a normal fixed/floodable joystick (option transparent) it's an instabuy
    for me.

Edit: great humor "Clara the rocket"

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    pay in full, no problem with that, this is a great game so please support this dev. definitely love the in game scene with that comic style chat :). also the full 3d render of clarc that you did in your Facebook page is just awesome. wish to see how far clarc journey will continue after this ;)

5. Nakor

Nakor Active Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Oh sweet. Love that shader. Did you start with angry robots as a base? That's what it reminds me of. Smartest way to do it in my opinion. Looks like you put a lot of work into it.

6. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Game looks great. Thanks for doing a lite version. Great way to get me addicted & purchase full version. Very cool concept. Looking forward to getting farther into the game.

7. CLARC GoldenTricycle

Mar 25, 2014
    Angry Robots was not known to us (and I guess we it wasn't existing publicly at this point) when we started our development in 2011. But I guess the approach is the same: stay away from realistic render style and your games look might be more durable. Cool that you like it.

Our secret however is, that we use no special shader at all:
    Just the Unity mobile unlit, simpliest shader. Neither the outlines nor the drawn texures are created by shader algorithms. Instead we have developed workarounds such as really modelled 3D outlines (actual geometry) and Photoshop proceedures that produce more flat and painted textures. We also did make extensive use of lightbaking.

Development time was more the 2.5 years. Thx for your nice feedback.

8. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Good to see the developers here. Love the look and mood of the game. I downloaded the lite with the intention of getting the full version once I had tested it out. Unfortunately the movement controls mean I won't be taking the plunge right now. They need a lot of work. Have died so many time as it is not particularly clear where the directional touch zone begin and end. I've walked right when I've meant to go forward etc. the swipe and pick up/put down controls work very well. Once the directional controls are sorted its a definite purchase.

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Well I'm hooked. This game is awesome. Controls are perfect. Took about a minute to fall right into rotating around & moving throughout. Puzzles are fun so far. This is the type of game I like to see developed. So glad I found it & so glad they put all they have into the game. Its beautiful. It belongs on my fav list with Limbo, Badland, & unmechanical. Its that good. Way to go & thank you!

10. Game looks pretty cool, I am going to give if a whirl.

11. Are you on an iPhone? Bc I'm having some trouble with the controls as well. I wonder if the people saying the controls are perfect are on an ipad?
    On my iPhone 5, I sometimes move the wrong direction I'm trying to. The turning is a bit unpredictable as well. This was all fine until it got to the parts with lasers where every move has to be precise.

12. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    #32 Mooro, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    I am playing it on an iPhone 4s. I had the same problem as you. Once I got to the section with the laser I found the movement controls too sensitive and imprecise leading to many unnessecar deaths. I would buy this immediately if the controls weren't such an issue.

13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Bug?

I think there's bug preventing the gate from going down. I crosschecked against a couple of walkthroughs and the gate is supposed to fall, allowing me entrance to the other side for continuance of the level.

[​IMG]

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    What level are you on? I just finished the lite version and was thinking of getting this game but a bit worried about the bug you found.

So far pretty amazing game and seems like $3.99 is a fair price!

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Five

16. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I have no issues on the ipad with controls. In fact they are dead on. With the buttons being at an angle i could see having a slight issue but i got it down with no issues & im no pro. Played the lite version & bonus with zero control issues. Loving this game so far & getting the full version as i type this.

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I am not one to buy a game spontaneously but after playing the first 3 levels in the lite version I was hooked. This is one of the most well polished games ever. The graphics are amazing and the entire game with sound effects and music is perfect! One of my favorite games on my iPhone! I'm picking up my iPad tomorrow at he airport that I left in the plane and can't wait to play it on the iPad!

Let me say... Shocked that the airline actually contacted me to tell me I lost an item and I had to describe it and they confirmed it is mine! Shocked but pleased to get it back.

18. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    #38 Grimstone82, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    This is a really awesome game with great charm! With some of the comments here I was worried about the controls but they work great for me on my iPad mini. They are a little cramped on my iPhone but I got used to it really quick. Downloaded the lite version and it hooked me, just paid for the full version. Going on vacation this weekend so I'm saving this game for the plane ride.

@CLARC GoldenTricycle- thanks for this game bud, I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it! Any plans for cross device syncing? I'd love to be able to play the same saved game on my iPhone and iPad.

19. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I wonder if you offered to rotate the move controls so they were traditional straight up & down versus at a slight angle if that would help those with control issues. Please only offer as an option as i love the controls. The tilt seems natural to this game. I could see ppl hitting the wrong key because of the tilted controls. I fell right in & have perfect control but I'm not a pro & am not used to one thing over the other. Loving this game. Can we count on Clarc 2?

20. vahramas

vahramas Active Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #40 vahramas, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Edited: I was a little bit angry about the prize change, but now that I know why, I deleted my comment.
    Nevermind...