Universal Civilization Revolution 2 - (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    So what's different and what's better that makes it worth the price?

(Apart from graphics)

2. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Just to be clear, graphics and UI are the main differences. If you're upgrading from Civ Rev 1 I think you should absolutely consider whether you're willing to pay this price for updated graphics and a touch friendly UI.

It'll be more of an improvement if you never bought the IAPs in Civ Rev 1, but the game mechanics are still more or less the same. Differences are more techs, more units, more wonders, more leaders, that sort of thing.

3. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks for that, I'll skip it then and stick to the original.

4. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    ########WOW I DONT HAVE DA 15 bucks rite now but it's on my watch list

5. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've never played civilization, but I've always wanted to. Should I try this, or wait until a price drop or something?

6. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I'd grab the first one, seems this is just a graphics and UI upgrade and not really worth the top price (imo)

7. dannythefool

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    You could try the free version of the first game. That should give you an idea how the game works.

I do think the new one is the better choice for a new player if money is not an issue. It's universal, it doesn't have IAPs (yet, anyway) and it'll probably be supported for longer.

8. moe45673

moe45673 Member

Jul 2, 2014
    This is (so far) the best resource I've found for Civ Rev 2. I like Civ Rev 1 but haven't played it too much. What puts me off is the lack of a Civ-O-Pedia. As my iPad is wifi only, I hate having to be online to bring it up and I mainly would play it out of my home.

I deleted Civ Rev 1 in hopes of this one. The graphics actually put me off, I felt like it was such a lazy port. I own Civ Rev on Xbox360 as well but never play it on there.

So if there's a Civ-O-Pedia, that alone is worth the purchase. If not, I'll just stick to Civ 5 and maybe Civ Rev on Xbox. Any info on that?

9. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    Civ Rev for xbox was a Game with Gold a couple of mounths ago.
    I play civilization from the first game on Amiga 1200 and never read the civopedia :D
    If the only complains about the game was the lack of an offline civopedia maybe you have just play more the game that was an improvment in graphics. UI and game mechanism.
    Why you said that the graphics was a lazy port from the civ rev for home console if you haven't played civ rev for home console? ;)

10. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    SO IS THE AI IMPROVED OR NOT?!!!

I swear, reading these forums (especially a new game release) usually makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills which is why I'm rarely on here anymore.

11. moe45673

moe45673 Member

Jul 2, 2014
    #71 moe45673, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    1) I DO own Civ Rev on X360

2) I meant it was a lazy port from the DS. I have no problem with bad graphics, especially in strategy games, but under achieving leaves a bad taste in my mouth

3) Unfortunately, I did not start playing 4X games until my late 20s. By this point, I did not have the endless time and energy to invest in learning all the nitty gritty in these games where a lot of the numbers are crunched in the back end. What actually helped me learn how 4X games work was playing 4X boardgames! Still, a lot of the stuff going on in videogames is a bit much to take in when you didn't grow up playing these games (I did play RTS's but not nearly enough)

4) So I had to watch a video, but it looks like Civ Rev 2 does have a Civ-O-Pedia. Still no news on its AI other than word of mouth here.

12. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    From what I'm reading, sadly no it's not and that's really why I'm holding off right now.

13. dannythefool

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Yes it has a civilopedia.

It's probably too early for anything definitive on the AI. It doesn't feel like it's better but I've only played a few games.

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    What the what? When did this come out?

15. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    How long does a typical game take? I have a love hate relationship with Civ, and even in Civ 5 I usually give up long before a game "ends."

16. moe45673

moe45673 Member

Jul 2, 2014
    "1-2 hours", according to the official statement. From my experience with Civ Rev 1, I'd say that's about right

17. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Umm no. That's what happens when you speak on something you don't know about. ;) PT is all class, no need for attempts in throwing them under.

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I freaking love this game as much as I loved the very first civilization on my old MacIntosh! Pricy or not, I just love it, I don't care paying $15 for a great game that will last long! I had the Civ 1 on IOS and played it a lot, then I got this one and I dont regret it buying it, if you are a civ fan, just get it!

19. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hi guys. The game supports the Spanish language?

20. erdgeist

erdgeist Member

Sep 30, 2012
    gamebreaker for me, I'll stick to the first version until they add asynchronous multiplayer