iPad Civilization like Games...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by butters, Feb 6, 2009.

1. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I've searched the Forums, but couldn't find anything about this Topic except for older 'What Games would you like to see...' (etc.) Threads.

So, are there any Civilization/Colonization/Alpha Centauri like Games out yet (or already announced)?

Also, are there any turn based Strategy Games like Panzer General/Fantasy General (etc.) out yet? (I'm not talking about Risk Clones here, but real Strategy Titles...)

2. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Try westward, I'm sure not about the building armies/battles aspect of westward though

3. butters

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm not sure about that one, the description states that it is RTS-like and that is not what i'm looking for. Waiting on a Lite-Version of the game first...

But thx, anyways :)

4. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Can't post link because im on my iTouch. But type 'westward online' into google and you will be able to play it to try it :) I played it but it was kind of boring, will probably buy iTouch version as it has good reviews though.

5. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
  6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    What about Warfare Inc?

7. butters

Feb 4, 2009
    @iGewappnet: Thanks for the Link to Reign of Swords, that one really looks promising. :)

@Mr. Charley: Thanks, but as i said before, i am not looking for RTS Games.

@DanM: Thanks for the Tip, gonna try it out this evening...

8. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I really wish they would port or remake Settlers for the iPhone... that to me is the best "civilization" micro management war game.. my favourite was Settlers 2, didn't like the new offerings.

9. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #9 Wegmans, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    I don't know what the heck developers are waiting for.. the iphone is a fantastic platform for any RTS or strategy game.. i'd pay $20 for a good strategy game. there is nothing out right now that comes close

It looks like i'll probably be getting Westward next... i'm having fun playing the online version @ http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/westward.jsp

10. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    They made Settlers 6 alright. Gameloft brought Settlers to mobile phones, maybe they will to iTouch! :)

11. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Ah very interesting I just had a look at it on Gameloft's website.
    Looks more like Settlers 3 though, but better than nothing! I'm going to e-mail and ask them about it

12. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Cool, I was gonna do that, but there wasa massiv form to fill out so I gave up :)

13. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Oh, I would definitely pay for Panzer General or Age of Rifles on an iDevice!
    Tried the Reign of Swords lite, it was okay but I did not really like the presentation. I'd prefer cleaner graphics, perhaps even standard Nato symbols. But any turn based hex historical wargame with zoomable map would be great.

I'd like to see traditional war or euro boardgames on iphone too. Battles of Napoleon, Diplomacy, Ticket to Ride and such...

14. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Not sure if you guys remember Centurion: Defender of Rome

I used to love that title and think it would be perfect on the iDevice. Any devs out there? :)

15. danc4498

danc4498 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Lux Touch and Lux Delux are very good games. Not entirely civilization-like, but still fun and challenging. Although, Lux Delux was in need of a massive update the day it was released, and still hasn't gotten one. Hopefully it's still on the way...

16. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It looks like a Risk clone.. I'm more interested in deeper games though correct me if I'm wrong.

Something like Lords of Magic on the PC would be great, Orions seems good though I haven't started it properly, and Samurai Puzzle Battles...

17. butters

Feb 4, 2009
    You my Sir, have an excellent taste in games. :)

Still have to try Reign of Swords, but how sweet would actual boardgame conversions be?!? Diplomacy, Friedrich, Axis&Aliies, Shogun, Twilight Imperium, Arkham Horror, etc.

@danc4498: Haven't played the Deluxe Version, but the free Lux is a simple Risk Clone. Hardly strategic, mostly luck based...

@BrushMyNoseOff: Never played it, but i looked at Screenshots and they look amazing. Later on i am gonna have a look if it's Abandonware by now.

@Phi6: Orions looks good too (reminds me of all those TCG's), but i'm gonna wait for a price drop on that one, i think.

18. Appbank

Appbank Member

19. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    reign of swords is sweet even though its not the type of game your looking for its like fire album

20. mek

mek Well-Known Member

reign of swords is fun

i bought it for 10 bucks and dont regret it, the last two battles are hard though, but there are countless online battles