CivCrafter - by Naquatic (Incremental/Strategy)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Man, I am sick of clicker games.

Just kidding of course. But I do like the fact that this is kind of one game disguised as another. I'm not sure if it's a simulation game disguised as a clicker, or a clicker disguised as a simulation game. Either way, I'm open to test it.

2. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    Maybe this isn't the best incentive, but I don't think I've ever played a "clicker" because none of the others have even caught my interest. But this looks great and I'd love to see whether it would be an entry drug into the genre. Could I get an early look if you guys are looking for "outside" feedback?

Thanks either way!

3. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    You crushed me with that first line, haha. Some people have gotten it expecting a clicker and found it to be more of a strategy game, and others have found the opositte, so who knows :). PM'd!

4. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    It's always great to hear from an "outsider," even if it turns out not to be your thing!

5. filharvey

filharvey Member

Dec 5, 2008
    If there are any more promo codes I would love to test. Or I'm on test flight as well.

6. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Check your PMs!

7. Maneledo

Maneledo Member

Sep 24, 2012
    This game looks so cool!!!(Love clicker games)

Im up for testing it :)

8. SaintFX

SaintFX New Member

Mar 20, 2015
    So far so good! For some reason my skin/ore keeps dwindling to zero. What uses those resources continuously? I have 5 tanners & 5 blacksmiths.

9. SaintFX

SaintFX New Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I just answered my own question :) Nevermind!

10. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The game looks mighty interesting. Being a professional game tester, I am interested in testing it or maybe getting a promo code for it if possible so I can throw in a few feedback of my own.

Thanks in advance and good luck for the game. Take your time. I'm sure it'd do well. :)

11. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Holy cow, I love clicker games and this looks like the best one yet! Is it possible to help test?!

12. filharvey

filharvey Member

Dec 5, 2008
    So after 10mins clicking, I'm liking, trying to keep a good balance of food and building items.

13. gust0208

gust0208 Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Like many here, I am a pretty big Cookie Clicker fan. I am always open to more clicker games, and curious to see how multiple resources are handled. I feel this is where Tap Titan fell flat for me, I felt there was little connection between money and attack resources.

Can't wait to try it!

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    You're in!

Haha, indeed :). For anyone else who's wondering, tanners convert skins into leather and blacksmiths convert ore into metal.

Of course, PM'd!

Absolutely :)

Thanks for the update! Food is a precious commodity early on :)

Cool, I'm eager to hear your thoughts. PM'd!

15. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    First thoughts: I really don't consider this a clicker game. I mean, yes, you click to get resources. But that just gets you started, along with serving as an alternative should you plan your spending poorly.

Overall, I consider this a civilization simulation game with a little strategy mixed in. It reminds me of A Dark Room, except it feels like an actual game instead of a statement. It feels like so much more than just a clicker. You don't just get money, spend money, get more money faster, etc. You are concerned about not losing your people. You don't want them to starve. And I love it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make sure I'm not letting any of my other villagers starve to death.

16. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

This one looks good! I'd be up for one of those promo codes if they're still available :)

17. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #57 Naquatic, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Sent!

This is such great feedback! It's funny, it really does seem like the game registers as a total sim game for some people and a pure clicker for others.

18. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks in advance if a promo code is still available! #

19. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    I just replied to your message :)

20. Dekkon

Dekkon Member

Jul 11, 2014
    This game looks amazing would live to give it a try if your still giving out promo codes