Universal circuit_strike.one (by h.grenade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by missalexis, Jun 7, 2009.

1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    ...I've never played ANY of the geo-wars.

Don't hurt me!

2. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    That would be epic... Geometry Wars Galaxies campaign style mode, along with all the other modes from GW2.

3. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #103 TheOZ, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    How flattering lol.

Alright here my impressions:

The work that must've went into this game has to be more then double all the other crap games the appstore has. This game is a very high standard game. Don't be mistaken though just because it is a good game does not mean it is for everybody, it is a difficult game to get into, but from the time I just spent with it the controls are very "learnable". Casual Gamers beware, this is a hardcore gamers game, it has all the features of a hardcore game, mainly the controls there is a huge learning curve with them and for gamers who have no interest in games such as though intense FPS and action games they will not like this game. And im not talking about the action games that are supposedly hardcore because they have "flashy moves" and special attacks, im talking about the ones which give you no room for error and the ones which don't give you special training and powers to get of jams, the games which only require skill and practice.

If you have no intention of going in this game aiming to be on top then this probably isn't the game for you. There is no transition in this game, they give you rules, objectives and with the grit of your teeth and a bit of sweat and tears you complete it, no mini games or bombs that kill everyone just the occasional bullet.time.hack and your ships one gun. This is truly hardcore gamers game, and so far I like it.

Also, no lag or crash or anything whatsoever and im running a 1G ipodtouch and I didn't even restart the game and I have about 2-3gbs of all games through my 5 pages of apps so yea, don't know whay you guys are talking about.

To be good at this game will require alot of time so try to play enough to were your at least used to the controls.

edit:

The controls are also pretty interesting too, personally think it was a good idea the screen isnt cluttered with useless controls, very innovative, but also difficult like I said everything about this game is built for the hardcore gamer especially the controls. Oh and that wasn't a review just first impressions might post a review on itunes and here later.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #104 LordGek, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    My biggest issue so far is also the fact that I have a very hard time gauging the relative health of the data core (looks like dark purple on black).

It's a little odd to compare this to Geometry Wars other than the obvious fact that they are both stylistic top down shooters. This isn't about wacky powerups and varied weapons as it is much more mission based than Geometry Wars and the other shooters out there and maybe the ONLY one of these top down shooters where shooting the vast majority of bad guys on a level is completely optional. Does this game give point bonuses for completing a level quickly?

5. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice impression TheOz. You should also add the fact that you can't spam your gun like in other arena shooters. Or maybe its just me noticing things, but the guns stop firing if you hold down the fire button for too long.

6. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    It looks like "Sup Bitch" didn't make it into the final build. I bet Chillingo had something to do with that, but it really isn't a problem. haha

Also, people need to join a faction. so far there are only 9 people in a faction lol. Might I suggest Chaos?

7. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    That's not happening for me, it keeps going forever.

It seems like this game would be fun with onlinemultiplayer.

8. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Awesome impressions. You'll get better as you play more and more, don't worry, it's not hardcore hardcore, but it is definitely difficult. But yeah, as I said, enjoying this game a lot, especially as you learn more and more of the controls it gets easier to kill things and micromanage your enemy while you dish out some led.

Red Cell only accepts awesome members, maybe you should join Chaos :p Haha, kidding.

What's everyone's highest score so far?

9. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    As of now though we have no idea if the ZuneHD will even use apps, but I bet it will use microsofts app marketplace, which is exactly like apples app store.

10. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm gonna have to say Apple would not allow that. Shooting people in the head, dropping bombs on cities, spearing little pygmies, etc is ok though.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What are the other locked modes of play and how do you unlock them?

12. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound impossible lol.
    Very fun game, actually about to put on the front page of my touch in a minute. Hmm I wonder which faction I should join.

13. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I've abandoned Advanced controls completely and gone for Basic, and i've been trying to concentrate on those.

I'm finally having fun. The controls still aren't PERFECT but i've figured out it happens if i'm trying to do things too quickly. If I take my time with what i'm trying to do, control errors rarely happen.

What causes my main problem in basic mode is the fact that the .exe area is far too small for my thumb. So I end up accidently pressing in the acceleration area and subconsciously dragging my thumb down. If you press then drag, it stays accelerating and won't start shooting... So i've gotten into the habit of double tapping and holding what I want to do, or feathering the throttle or the fire button instead of just going for one tap and hold.

It's giving me much better results but damn, it's still pretty poor implementation!

14. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Okay I bought it. jFND promised me I would like it =P

15. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    hahaha. Don't forget shaking babies til they 'sleep', Apple thought that was G-rated appropriate too. lol. Glad you're getting used to the controls Vally, I personally didn't have so much problems with it at the start, and am currently loving the game. This, Real Racing, Toki Tori and Zenonia has got to be the best products in the App Store right now.

lol. I hate promising people things :p Come back here in 30 minutes or an hour and give us your impressions, no 5-minute play impressions because I doubt you'd get very far in the game by then, haha.

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Are you Air Braking before firing? It helps when I want to make sure I destroy the surrounding targets

Though I keep my thrust setting low so if something appears close I'm screwed.

Has anyone tried switching to reverse thrust instead of Air Braking?

17. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I keep my thrust setting higher than default and use the reverse thrust. For some reason I always try to swipe upwards to go backwards. I will get over it though.

18. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    woarrr this downloading makes me happpyyy

19. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    This is what I have to say to the people complaining about the controls.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

The controls work perfectly, it's just zero gravity, how hard is that to figure out?

20. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

hmmmmm, idk, there r so many conflicting reviews, idk, r the advanced controls THAT hard to figure out, how long did it take u guys to figure them out, and is there any ship customization at all, is there even a different gun? i want details before i get it, im trying to save my $$$