Universal circuit_strike.one (by h.grenade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by missalexis, Jun 7, 2009.

1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Whatever OZ's impressions are will decide if I get this as well or not. jFND has already convinced me a lot =/

2. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    It is a good game but I really hope they change that horrible font!

3. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I don't think you understand how to use the controls. I haven't seen anything like you are describing. Before the game starts you can touch the help button which walks you through everything. It may clear things up.

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Awesome. I think I know what the issue is but I'm really hoping it's not that. But I've had the issue come up when dealing with certain anti piracy code. It doesn't work in ad-hoc builds so it makes checking compatibility for pwned devices so much harder before it hits the appstore

5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Got it, graphically/visually absolutely stunning. Using iPhone 1st Gen, no lag at all. I think you have to restart before playing. I'm using SBSettings and all those other extensions on my springboard without lag.

6. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    So the advanced controls are SUPPOSED to wrap around the left hand side of the screen and appear on the right hand side?

When I tap the right hand side of the screen, the very specifically pointed out '1/3 on the right hand side', i'm supposed to spin in anticlockwise circles and not boost?

I understand very well how to use the controls thank you very much, they're not that difficult to understand - But when I lift my left thumb off the screen, I shouldn't still be turning.

7. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    srsly ppl just take some time to get used to the controls! after a bit they become almost natural! make sure u start with basic as advanced is kinda hard to get.. as for the lag idk how many times its been said, REBOOT, it may lag for a few seconds but after that its super smooth sailing

8. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I haven't heard much comparison to Isotope... Is this game worth picking up if one already has Isotope?

9. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #89 RayLancer, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    I've been playing for close to a hour on this (while waiting for a WoW raid to start). I can honestly say I love this game. Its a fun and refreshing experience and thank God its not another Geometry Wars clone.

EDIT: I just noticed something, try playing the game in "offline" mode, the lag at the beginning of the stage doesn't even occur.

10. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
    Here's my opinion Isotope has an amazing control scheme but im inclined to say that cs.one has better and more graphically advanced gameplay.

11. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Be that as it may, what about comparison in terms of depth. Isotope has quite a bit of features, like levels that have walls (as opposed to just a large square), ships you can purchase, abilities, modules, etc. It also has a decent sized campaign. How does CS One compare to that?

12. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    You're right that it shouldn't be like that, but it is strange that isn't happening for everyone else.

I am currently using the advanced controls here is what is happening:
    Touch right side - ship accelerates forward
    Touch left side and drag - rotate (couter)clockwise
    Touch left side - nothing happens unless moving

13. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    That's why i'm finding this such a frustrating experience right now.

I'll try to record a video for you.

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    You aren't using the advanced controls correctly.

You tap once on the left to create a line. Then drag. The second line is how the ship moves relative to the first line.

<----- drag left to rotate Counter Clockwise || drag right to rotate clockwise----->

Just a single tap on the left shouldn't do anything

15. RayLancer

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I honestly have to say I'm not liking the Advance controls at all. Though I wish the Basic mode's buttom left "Analog stick" was a bit higher...

16. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I have nearly every Geometry Wars-clone type of game, and CS.One has its own distinct flair to it unmatched by any other mimicries of said genre/game. By the way Vegas, I have an exam in an hour's time so I might have to get back to you on the whole comparison issue in a few hours time. Hope that's alright with you.

17. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
    Point taken.

18. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I know. I already said what happened if you touch and drag on the left side. I was using a single static touch as a point of reference.

19. RayLancer

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yea... all these GW style games makes me want an official Geometry Wars 2 on this... but I doubt that'll happen since there's the ZuneHD : /

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Why? Microsoft owns the right's to the PGR series not to Geometry Wars. Bizarre Creations still owns it, that's why there was a DS version of it ;)

So it's not out of the question at all. I'd love to see a port of the DS version myself