Universal circuit_strike.one (by h.grenade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by missalexis, Jun 7, 2009.

1. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Also you guys realize why I cannot fix the scoring right now even though I agree that it's broken.

If I fix it and try to stop level camping or cap the modifier by level and release an update. No one is going to be able to even get scores high enough to hit the top. Also some people who have high scores on their might not get the new update. Then when they sync it will still update with their current saved ridiculous local high score.

The only way I can do it is to wipe the highscore boards, create a new scoring update script for the database (to lock out the un-updated devices) and clear the database. If everyone really wants this I have no problem doing it : )

You guys just put in your vote here.

2. stoksyXL

stoksyXL Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Also Shay,

Why is it i still have the old logo of the skull after upgrade, and eveyone else has the new logo with the ship on it? When i upgraded first, the new logo was there, but when i restarted my phone it reverted back to the old logo??

3. Titan-CC

Titan-CC Active Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Custodian/mechanic
    America
    My vote goes to completely wiping the database and leaderboards etc...I have no problem losing my current score if it will benefit everyone. Start all over. Currently, it's hard to brag about a score in a broken system. By all means, clean the system!

The one thing I would be worried about is: if our scores are wiped, will it also have to clear our xp, gametime, networks destroyed, etc? I don't mind losing that all to much (I'll get it back) but many people would be furious losing 15+ hours of data...

@stroksy: that's probably just the 3.0 bug. Apparently it's common in many apps.

4. Titan-CC

Titan-CC Active Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Custodian/mechanic
    America
    Oh and the negative numbers DO show up in the game. I'll look up at my score and see 1.5 billion and then 2 seconds later I look and it's negative 200 million....

As for achievements, I got 27. I'll have to wait till survival to get 500 without dying, 1000, and 10000 kills.

Shay I'm loving the update. Everything is coming together nicely. How are the new features coming? Some of the things you mentioned a while ago sound hard to do. Good luck to ya!

As much as I love the interactive soundtrack, I can't help but admit that it's fun as heck to blast things apart to the beat of Dragula...that song is pretty much amazing for this game.

5. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks for the response, sorry for the rant. I made the mistake of syncing and posting at a bad moment :(

Don't let an OS2 build distract you from your plans to improve the game. If the rumours about the Touch 3 are correct, I'm sure it'll only be a couple of months before I'm able to enjoy playing cs.one again.

6. You can update any iPod Touch to OS 3.0 right now!

It should be available for $10 US from the iPod info screen in iTunes when you plug your iPod Touch into the computer.

7. Entropic

Entropic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Yeah, my vote goes for wiping the high scores. I think I'd get even more into this game if there was a clearer sense of competition.

8. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #888 le'deuche123, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    I say wipe em'!!! But then again you'll have a lot of confused people who aren't on toucharcade saying "where'd my score go". Also I can't understand the performance problems myself. I noticed a HUGE difference in performance on this update. I hope I didn't hype the update too much, it's just that TO ME it's huge and really refreshs the game. This one's a keeper and I'm going to see it through till the end.

9. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    wipe them!!

as for other data getting erased, yeah I think people will be very upset..personally not a big deal to me if everything is finally cohesive

10. mynamesJT

mynamesJT Member

Jul 2, 2009
    for some reason it says in the game that i have to make a profile to go on the h.grenade website..i already made one a while ago. and i was in black.opz faction but now it says i'm a freelancer? my highscores and stuff are still there, and my username (myn) is on the highscore list. whats wrong?

11. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    i vote wipe cos yeah ages ago when i got my iphone replaced basically my old account 'naythan' doesnt work n it wont let me make a new one, shay wiped the old account for me but i have no way to make a new one because the game still thinks its my old one, anywhos...

has the ship design changed for basic and advanced controls or just dual stick?

12. naythan

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    oo yeah same as you for me, except i was red cell :)

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Did you change devices? I did and asked Shay to change my UDID to match my new device.

@naythan: Each control scheme has a new ship. The Dual Stick looks a lot different from the other two which look familiar

14. naythan

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    :O so the original ships gone?! but i liked it :( could someone post some screenshots of the new ones? especially for basic controls..

15. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    It seems like the most ideal way to do it. Fresh and clean :cool:

I feel that more then anything actually, cs.one has come through with awesome updates consistently, thanks!

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin

WIPE 'EM! I would love to have everything fixed and starting from the beginning is no problem. Another motivation! :)
    GO FOR IT!

17. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wipe the scores, they're pretty ridiculous right now.

18. I vote to wipe them.

It is pointless to have a game based around a community of high scores + xp when both of those things are completely broken.

I am happy to help in any way that I can, either with beta testing, or helping you with code reviews or whatever.

19. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Wipe them all, fix the scoring system, and that's my want list sorted. ;)

20. naythan

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    vegan, how do u find out what ur udid is? does this mean u keep scores n factions etc? before i told him what happened when i replaced my iphone, he offered to wipe the account and i said yes, but it still shows up in the game, does the changing of the udid to my new phone mean i get evrything back?