Universal circuit_strike.one (by h.grenade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by missalexis, Jun 7, 2009.

1. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I really want to not believe these problems and just buy the game. It's a mystery why the beta testers aren't saying stuff about this(if they knew), maybe they played the game and had fun then actually trying to look for bugs.

2. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Its only $1, and its pretty fun and different enough from most of the other arena shooters. Though I'm surprised the game made it out as it is, there should've been more release candidate testing...

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I feel the same way =/ was really looking forward to this. Oh well, I guess I'll stick with Nano Fighter until an update comes to fix those problems =(

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #64 Alichan76, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    Got it. The game does rock, I have to say. You have to keep your eyes peeled for all the little details because there are a lot and they go by fast. But it's really nice to go back again for another go, and spot something new the next time around.
    Controls are brilliant. Fully adjustable. I got to grips with them pretty much straight away (basic). Having come fresh from trying to get my head around the controls in Real Tennis, this is a breath of fresh air. They offer a lot of challenge (which is good), but are always clear to understand and execute (Real Tennis couldn't be further from that, but I digress). They leave me with a 'pat your head rub your stomach' kind of effect (on me anyway) which I love; aiming, thrusting, braking, firing, and going into slow motion. Sometimes I don't know whether I want to just go for the core straight away, or whether to just fly around shooting stuff and experimenting with the controls....because it's fun! I found none of the problems that Vally has described above.
    Some things I have noticed:
    1) There doesn't seem to be a way back to the main menu once you are in game. Would be nice to be able to change controls for example during game. In general it should be an option.
    2) There is lag, but as some have pointed out, very little during actual game play (I'm on an iPod 1st gen). Even so, the lag that is there should be eliminated asap.
    3) I can't find where I can input my name. Anyone? At the moment it just says 'Player x':confused:

5. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Going to try my best and hold out either for an update or maybe even just till se7en(Shay/CS.one dev) clears things up and explains whats going on.
    Guess I have KnightsOnrush and Parachute Panic to keep me till then.

6. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    !!!..::>>[numz0r 3 b17ch3555]<<::..!!!

7. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    btw the lag goes away after like 2 seconds on the iphone 3g, after destroying my first shield generator its smooth AS from then on.. 2G itouch users shouldnt have to worry at all i rkn... n i mean come on, 99cents? just get the game already its 1337n355

8. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Well, the lag is more pronounced than that with me, but then I am on an iPod 1st gen. It seems that it doesn't like any of the big explosions very much.

9. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    This game is the best of the shooters in the AppStore!
    It is absolutely brilliant, and congratulations to Se7en for getting this released!

10. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i just tried this fer a few minutes, so its not really a fair mini review of tha game but .. i dont enjoy this game .. at all.

visually it seems a bit ropey, kinda oki, but nowhere near as slick as the other shooter in tha store. the ship sprite looks jagged for a start. anyhow, eventually we get into tha game and wow, it wasnt a great experience. first go i could move ma ship around whilst firing some poorly realised laser beam .. 2nd game i couldnt move at all, just in a circle .. with no help anywhere as to explain why.

not a good start. isotope smashes this game for playability into tha floor tbh.

i'll go back and edit this post if i enjoy it after another try or 2.

11. Mohawk

Mohawk Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    The lag ppl talking about is only for iphone or else its thru ipod touch also?

12. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    Only played for a while, it's pretty good and I really like it. Amazing value for 99 cents.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The crashes were on a ipod touch 1st gen

and I had crashing on my iphone 1st gen

However, my iphone is jailbroken. On a suggestion I forced it into safe mode and my game has been running just fine with zero lag

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    So who were the beta testers on this site? Shall we go trounce them? =P

15. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I have an iPod touch 2G jailbroken, and it doesn't lag nor crash for me, it's only lagged for me once in the week that I've played it as a reviewer. Did you guys reboot your devices before playing?

For those of you having problems with the controls, trust me, give it some time and you'll see once you get used to it you'll start to grin when you blast the enemies with ease.

Bat Outta Hell, it's 0.99, take the plunge and I promise you it's an awesome game. I didn't feel there were any bugs when I played it, maybe it was just my preview build? lol. But for real, I didn't find any bugs when I played it nor slowdowns. It's an awesome, awesome game and for 0.99, it's a steal.

16. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Then can I have some advice on how to avoid the advanced control bug i'm having that I posted a couple of pages back?

It's happening with alarming regularity and rendering the game completely unplayable.

17. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    I haven't had any lag or crashes so far on my ipod 2g.

18. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I ALWAYS reboot after installing anything, force of habit from beta testing.

But the copy you are using is the beta version not a retail version. Have you tried playing the version from the appstore? It would be good to get answers from someone who has both versions to compare against

19. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I'm not a beta tester, so don't take what I say as complete truth but what I can say from my personal experience is that the advanced controls hasn't done that to me yet.

Reading your problems with the controls, none of those have happened to me at all, suffice to say -- I'm actually quite surprised. The advanced controls' left line should be further to the left, and there has never been a line way to the right like yours.

As with the basic controls too, the control wheel doesn't recognize input? I can say that it hasn't happened to me at all.

Hm, which device are you running it with? I kind'a feel for you because you can't enjoy such a great game to its fullest extent, but since last week I've been playing this and have had a great time with it. Maybe Shay can explain the problem to some of you once he sees this thread.

But for now, as I said before, I've experienced very little slowdown, and had no problems with the controls (apart from the first few plays where it was rather difficult to control the ship).

EDIT:

Pretty sure mine isn't the beta, since Chillingo gave me the "almost final build of the game" for me to use to write the review, so I'm assuming it's as close as the final in the App Store. Regardless, I just purchased the game in the App Store to see what's up with the final retail version and compare it with the reviewer's build.

20. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Caved.
    I kept thinking to myself that the price will change soon and I was already dying for this game, it all got to me. I'll post some unbiased, impartial impressions after it finishes dling and I install on my Touch.