Universal circuit_strike.one (by h.grenade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by missalexis, Jun 7, 2009.

1. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    n can evryone leave the controls alone?? theres a pretty steep learning curve but once u get it itll pay off.. u dnt learn his game in the 5mins uve all been playing! as for the lag i know evryone says this but try restarting?

2. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't think it was that disappointing. I'm getting used to the controls. Gameplay is pretty fun and challenging. The lag needs to be fixed though.

3. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to have second thoughts on purchasing even with its introductory price of $0.99 due to several remarks of noticeable lag..I guess I'll wait for more impressions :/

4. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Good. Worth the .99 cents. Have not experenced any crashes but found slight lag. I don't have any trouble with it though. Using a first gen touch.

5. cjb43

cjb43 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    The lag is nonexistent. I have no idea what people are talking about, as it runs perfectly for me. It's a terrific game.

6. Pal Van Marrsterhausen

Pal Van Marrsterhausen Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I'm really surprised by the lag & fuzzy text as we've waited long enough for this to come out... The controls I'll not make a judgement on yet as I guess it's something I'll get used to over time & practice.
    To be honest I'm a bit dissapointed but it is only $0.99, roll on update 1.1

7. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I'm sorry, I like the game but it keeps freezing my iPod 1gen. Also the controls are confusing as hell. Good game, but it's reeeeeaaaaalllly choppy at best.

8. RayLancer

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I only notice lag at the beginning of the level and after the core blows up (YAY shoot the core). I like the gameplay a lot. You can't spam your weapon since it has to "reload" or something, so you have to be smart. You're going through a bunch of zones trying to shoot these keys to unlock the core so you can blow it up and move on to the next level.

9. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    It seems to be there for me but not as bad as others making it out to be.

I can't complain about the lag if I lose.

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #50 VeganTnT, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    The lag is only for some though. I don't think there was enough variety in devices there were beta testing.

I'm on a 1st gen iphone with 2.2.1 jb

I can't play this game at ALL

Others seem to be doing just fine. Of course, they never say what device they are using or if they are jailbroken

EDIT: ktfright is using a 1stgen ipod touch and is getting the freeze. My iphone is the next fastest processor and I get freezing. Anyone with a 3g want to comment? I have not doubt it runs like a dream on the ipod touch 2nd gen

11. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

Alright. Thanks for your confirmations. Time to pick this one up :)

12. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Play in safe mode. I can play without any gameplay changing issues.

13. RayLancer

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I get some lag, but its not during the gameplay, just at the beginning and end of a level. (iPod Touch 2G user)

14. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    It's not a matter of 'getting used to the controls' unfortunately...

[​IMG]

This is Advanced mode.

That line on the left hand side? That's the initial starting point for movement.

That line on the right hand side of the screen? That's "Screen wrapped" from the left hand side - Gone off the left hand side of the screen, reappeared on the right, and I am currently trying to boost away while that line is still there, and currently turning in circles.

It happens 99% of the time.

on Basic mode, The control wheel will suddenly not recognise input, and the right hand side of the screen will keep firing when my thumb is nowhere near the shoot button area.

Beta testers, what were you doing all this time. :(

15. Dell

Dell Active Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cant believe the price! An instant buy, downloading now :)

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Sure enough Safe Mode let me play a full round. However, putting my phone into safe mode to play a single game is not acceptable though. The whole reason I jailbroke my phone was for SBSettings and StatusNoifier. I'll play a week then delete it which is a huge shame considering the how much I like it =(

@Vally: +1 I couldn't agree with you more

17. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Another top-down arcade shooter? Really? Meh.

18. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I found an interesting bug. I paused the game to answer the phone (not my iphone) and when I came back I had a Game Over screen. This really pissed me off because I was going for a high score. It seems like the game unpaused itself while I was gone. I haven't had a chance to recheck this but it seems like a bug to me.

Otherwise, the controls are getting easier and there is only occasional lag.

19. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Except this one is buggy. We now know why it's 99 cents.

20. k1ite

k1ite Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician
    Loma Linda, California
    After playing for a few moments when I have some slowdown at work I have gotten more used to the controls. The lag only hits in the beginning 5 seconds of a level and when the core blows which I wish would be a nice transition but I can handle that. Good game and worth the $1!

I also see the issue with exiting the game and the game not saving which can be a bit frustrating.