Universal Circuit Dude (by Jonathan Holmes (crait))

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 5, 2020.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you so much Mr. Dev :)

2. Sladecut

Sladecut Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Male
    Wow that was fast work with the controls dev! And that fixed the only problem i had with the game and is now really enjoying it:cool: thanks!!

crait likes this.
  3. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Great news about the update, and congrats for getting it done so quickly. Just one query I still have though, as I'm still not entirely sure...
    Are these "proper" swipe controls? Someone mentioned King Rabbit earlier – if it's like that, then consider me sold.
    Otherwise, I'm still on the fence. This game looks fantastic, but the controls can really make it or break it.

4. crait

crait Member

Feb 6, 2020
    Male
    Honestly, it feels the same to me as normal swiping controls for something like Bumpin' Dungeon. I think what makes it most confusing is that instead of a swiping overlay, I show the D-pad as you swipe, so people think their swipes have to be a certain size or within a certain area, and then they try to swipe an additional direction or hold the swipe so that the D-pad graphic stays on the screen... Holding the swipe would continue you in a direction so that if you wanted to move 10 spaces in the same direction, you wouldn't have to swipe 10 times.

So, if you just swipe knowing that, I think the controls work... Again, I've gotten used to them and a lot of people really would prefer the static D-pad overlay, though, so there's a bit of a dev bias in that regard.

5. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.

OK, sounds good to me. I'll download it after work today and give it a try! :D
    A suggestion though, maybe, if you're taking any, would be to include a toggle to show/hide the D-pad graphic if the user has opted for the swipe controls.

6. crait

crait Member

Feb 6, 2020
    Male
    Hey! Quick update! The screen stretching feature is live for both iOS and Android!!

sakara214ever likes this.
  7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!! Buying right away :)

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Just found this today. The controls seemed a little wonky at first but if I use a "swipe" motion then they work much better.

crait likes this.
  9. crait

crait Member

Feb 6, 2020
    Male
    Thanks for letting me know! Could you tell me how you found out about the game? I saw a big bump in sales, so I'm wondering if there was some blog post about it or something. :O