iPad Circuit defenders TD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Jan 30, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    What do you think about it? I love TD games!

2. skathir

skathir Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
  3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    As a TD eater I downloaded it instantly... some words about later.

4. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Haha, i like that description of yourself. When you give your impressions, can you compare it to other TD games? (Like FFCD, Fieldrunners, The Creeps!, etc)? I'd like to know how this stacks up

5. Alichan

Alichan Guest

#5 Alichan, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
    I've just been playing the demo (thanks Skathir). It's fun. Lots of detail, towers etc. The screenshots in iTunes don't tell you much though. Wondering if all the features are there from the computer version. Might just wait for the Lite version on this one...

6. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #6 your personal robot, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
    Ok, now played a long run.
    Not bad. I personally still prefere The Creeps and 7 Cities.
    But also this game adds something new: the enemies attack your towers and you have to use your money wisely also to repair them. They have the same energy bar as the enemies. Further more, there are three different things you can level up until you reach a max for each tower: range, frequency of shots and damage power. The graphics are nice and detailed and you can smoothly zoom in and out by pinching. The music is nice and you can choose from different maps always playing an endless mode to get a new highscore. You also have 2 timer options. Normal and twice the speed, but I always played on fast forward, this option seems ideal.

Somehow this game lacks on personality, but this is just my opinion. I got the feeling, Creeps, Fieldrunners and 7 Cities deliver more "soul"... don't know how to describe.

But all in all a very good new TD game and a nice addition for all the TD suckers out there. Simply test the lite, when it's arriving next week.

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I think you nailed it right there.
    With those other TD games you mentioned, it had something exciting and original it brought to the table. Some style, pizzaz, or "soul" as you say.
    This here just seems boring and non-appealing in comparison.
    Not to say anything against the game play (I haven't tried it), but just based on screenshots, that was exactly my thoughts....meh.

If this was the only TD game, we'd be all over it, but thankfully, we have options now, and looks like better options in other games that deliver "style" along with game play.

8. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Am curious, what were your thoughts on INKoming?

This game sort of reminds me of it, instead we have circuits instead of homework.

Am going to try this out in an hour or so. ^ ^

9. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Haha, funny, INKoming was the one, I passed so far... :)

10. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I didn't get it either. I don't like the way it looks.

11. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I had a quick look at INKoming on a friend iPhone. It looks even worse than on the screenshots. Nothing I would try for more than $1.

12. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    That's a shame, seems like the iTunes reviews hold water then. Thanks for letting me know. ^ ^

13. riceman360

riceman360 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #13 riceman360, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    is the first map unlimited? i played it for like 30 min before giving up... i prefer finite maps.

also, a bigger help section would be nice. there's a section on the link from the first post that gives info on each tower. it wouldn't have been alot of effort to put that into the game:

(here it is)

GUNNER - This tower shoots armor piercing rounds with a good effectiveness v.s. cost ratio.

ARTILLERY - This tower shoots artillery shells with a great damage payload and re-load rate.

FLAME THROWER - This tower is ideal for close combat areas as flame spillage can damage other enemies.

MISSILE LAUNCHER - This tower shoots heat seeking missiles, very rapidly if you increase it's rate.

LASER - This tower shoots a powerfully concentrated laser beam at targeted enemies until it is dead or out of range.

LIGHTNING - This tower will strike up to 5 enemies simultaniously with deadly lighting.

HEALTH - This tower will restore any towers health within its radius, including it's own.

RADAR - This tower will call in Fighter Strikes to attack the enemy. Increase the radar frequency rate to increase the number of strikes.

14. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #14 Donburns99, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    I remember reading something about all maps being infinite.

Edit: Found it.

15. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    The PC demo version sounds promising. But not for iPhone/iPod Touch. Considering the 3.5" screen size and limited processing power, this game just couldn't fit much details on it.

16. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    #16 seonr, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    Hi there,

Thanks for all of your feedback regarding v1.0 of Circuit Defenders.

As you are all aware, it is a 1.0 release, and with all of our games, the philosophy at Sector3 is the same... All of our games are in a constant evolution, adding more features and more value, always as free updates.

It is interesting that a few of you mention CD has no soul. What do you think it is actually lacking? I am always interested in feedback to help me make better games, so I hope one of you can pin point what "no soul" means so I can look at addressing it in a future update.

There is obviously a lot more in the desktop version of Circuit Defenders, purely because of the power in desktop computing, but I am determined to keep adding great value into CD iPhone, including more towers, enemies, challenge games and of course new maps.

The CD Lite version will be out in a few days (in Apples approval pipeline) so those that are not willing to take the jump now can test it out first.

17. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Welcome to the forum!

I'll surely try the lite version and I'll give some feedback here too.

18. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    no soul means no love, baby
    it's about how it feels when you play
    mmm

(have not played)

19. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Ok, so just to show you all how committed I am about turning Circuit Defenders into one of the best TD games available on the iPhone/Touch, I am sneeking some info out about version 1.1 for people here to see.

Check out my S3 Dev Blog for some info and some new screenies.

I have been listening to all the feedback I have been getting from reviews, forums and even my wife.... and v1.1 is going to be an amazing update!

I will be posting more there over the next few days, so keep checking it out.

20. BBagwell

BBagwell Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks for the updates, seonr! I am really enjoying CD on the Mac and will definitely give the lite version a try on the iPhone.