iPad Cinnamon Beats

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by different, Jan 12, 2009.

1. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I haven't forgotten Secret Exit. I want my tennis ball cannon game. :D

http://secretexit.com/games/cinnamonbeats

Cinnamon Beats - spicy rhythms bouncing to computers and consoles in late 2008!

Where is it?! ;)

2. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    You were so close to the answer and didn't know it...
    http://secretexit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    ahahaah... frand just got asked this and answered:

LATER. lolz.

SE is focused on zen bound due late jan/feb-ish. he said he hasnt updated the website in a while.

4. different

Aug 8, 2008
    Shucks. Actually I was looking forward to this much more than Zen Bound, although that does look high quality too.

5. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Any idea when this might come out?

6. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    depends on the success of Zen Bound which is pretty much darn successful and rocking the charts.

i'd bet my nut CINNAMON BEATS lives to see the day!

YAY FRAND! YAY SE!!!

7. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Oh hi Frand! What's that? Delayed into summer '09? Lame!

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    What is this game?
    Video?
    Description?

9. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Awesome!

Not hatin' on Zen Bound here, bout i would definitely have preferred Cinnamon Beats to come out before Zen Bound. This game just looks fantastic.

10. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Heh, if Zen Bound was difficult to explain as a game/toy/experience-thing, I think Cinnamon Beats will make most people just give up :D

Honestly, it's not going to be a game, it's going to be the most oddball music creation application ever made. We have no idea if it's a good thing or not. It is a project that has kept on going for quite a long while, and there are still technical hurdles to accomplish before we can release it.

In the meantime, we're preparing something smaller for release first :)

11. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    NOOOOOO! You can't do that to me! DAMN YOU! You can't throw pictures like that at me and then say something along the lines of '... will be realeased around the time Duke Nukem Forever will be released.' :p

Honestly i don't care if you call it game/app/experience whatever, i mean most people don't see 'Vib Ribbon' (PSX) as a game, yet it is one of the best music related games ever produced.

Just go back to work on Cinnamon Beats! ;) :p

12. different

Aug 8, 2008
    Yeah. I hate it when people do that. :D

13. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    What happened here!?!?!

14. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Cinnamon Beats never actually found its focus. That is, we couldn't decide if it was a game, a toy, a thingamajig or chopped liver. Each of those options had widely different requirements on where the development should go next, and some of the more interesting directions were too much work (read: too expensive) for us to implement.

So instead of bashing our heads to the wall trying to figure out what largely felt like a dead end, it made much more sense to get other games done. The other games (ZB, Stair Dismount, ZB2) turned out alright and we've since taken our time both maintaining the current games and dabbling with new concepts.

In summary, Cinnamon Beats is currently resting peacefully in the tranquil glade of lovingly retired projects. If we ever return to the concept, it will mean a ground-up redesign and reimplementation - currently that's not in our plans.

15. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    It should be revived as a musical instrument, given the increased attention that the genre has recieved due to GB's release.

Also, the target consumer (musician) for that genre is much less apt to post 1-Star, "what IS this game?" reviews, and they are also much more disinclined to scream bloody murder at any price tag over 99¢.

Personally, I think the choice to focus on Stair Dismount over this was a horrible mistake.

"Isle Of Tune" is getting a lot of hype... CB could be huge.
    http://happylander.co.uk/blog/?p=1

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Fortunately for us it's difficult to agree with that assessment when the number of people who have downloaded Stair Dismount is roughly equal to the entire population of Los Angeles :)

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    London, UK
    I've never heard of Isle of Tune and I don't know what "GB" is short for, but I own Stair Dismount... so it doesn't seem like such a bad mistake to me.

18. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    GarageBand

19. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    I own Stair Dismount, too.... and it saw about 2.5 hours of total play-time, and is now forgotten.

W/ an app like CB, the longevity could be extreme... 99¢ IAP's for new instrument packs, etc.