Universal Cinemoji (by Man Up Time)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Ive restored 16 times from fresh with all different methods and I'm still with the bug.

Now I don't even sign into gamecenter at all. I am now on my 5th new device since September, Apple seem to think that will work....it doesn't.

I've been though engineers at Apple and eventually they just stop replying back.

I've sent my entire backup to Apple to examine and no joy.

I created a brand new gamecenter ID with no games and that eventually locked up.

On my wife's phone her gamecenter works but under Mobile Data, System Services, this downloads gigs of data at night when asleep. So that is great! This has resulted in turning off data when not using it. This has resulted in $1000's in dollars of phone bills! Yay for Apple!! We have been in touch with Apple on this problem and they said don't use iCloud any more, turn it off. Wow they really know how to fix there products.

The only compensation I have received for all these problems are 3 free songs on iTunes.....WOW!

So I use to download and purchase heaps of games, now I pretty much purchase nothing.

The company is a joke and have got too big that they do not care about the customer any more.

Apple =Pathetic!

2. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Yeah game looks great - such a clever idea! Can tell this would be something I could really get into. Alas, my Game Center doesn't work either so can't play at all :(

3. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    I'm going to keep trying to gather enough information to get to the root of this problem. All I can say is hang in there with me. I'm also researching what it would take to remove GameCenter and build our own system to do what GC does, but that'll take some time. I wish I had better news.

4. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I appreciate your investigation into the GC bug as I have it as well. I've downloaded your game in anticipation that by some fluke or remedy that GC will work at some point. Or at the least briefly enough to sign in to play the game because it looks great.

5. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Any update to your investigation of the Game Center bug and if I will ever be able to play your game? It sure looks good!

6. Hippieman

Nov 6, 2008
    San Francisco
    Yes, I've made excellent progress. I hope to have something solid to report, but actual progress is being made.

7. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Wow! This is so great to hear. Please keep us posted. Thanks!!

8. Hippieman

Nov 6, 2008
    San Francisco
    GameCenter Fixed

Hi Everyone,

Over the past few weeks, I've been working with a few different people at Apple on the GameCenter bug. It's been announced in many places (including here) over the past week or so that it was fixed in the latest iOS update.

I sent hundreds of logs, diagnostics and a few sample projects to Apple to help track this down.

To celebrate this, I've released a huge update to Cinemoji, adding a new Collections feature (as well as a slew of other features, new content and improvements).

If you were interested in checking the game out, now's a great time. The game is (and will always bee) Free, with no IAP or free to play shenanigans. If you need someone to play against and don't want to be auto matched, send me a GameCenter friend request "hippieman" and I'll gladly play!

Thank you everyone for sticking with me as we fixed GameCenter.