Cinemaware - Wings

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kaspar2004, Aug 17, 2012.

1. kaspar2004

kaspar2004 New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Hi everybody,

Cinemaware is planning a new release of Wings for iOS. :D Not an emulated version like defender of the crown. It's going to be native for iOS.

It's called WINGS Director's Cut HD.

Some of you might remember this glorious WWI Fighter action simulation with a whole campaign from 1916 to 1918 with about 300 (!) Missions accomponied by a great story line.

I LOVED the original amiga version in 1990 and I can't wait for it to come to iOS with updated, modern graphics and even new, additional missions and story elements.

But actually they need money for this project. So they started a KICKSTARTER campaign which is running right now.

I have already pledged and I would like to invite all of you to support this great project!!!

Of course I am not affiliated to them in any way. I'm just a huge fan of wings and all the other great and classig games of cinemaware!

So please have a look at their kickstarter project and back it!

kaspar2004

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm Kickstarter can be great, can be annoying, seems like every game seems to have a kickstarter page to it now and some sort of begging post.

I did love this game back on my Amiga in the old days but when it comes to software i dont like backing it on Kickstarter, gadgets/console things yeah but personally not games.

I'll happily back it and pay for the game at full price if it comes out but i dont know. Backing some small indie dev is one thing, backing some company who used to be quite a large player seems a bit odd.

3. OddyOh

OddyOh Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Canada
    Update on this game...last year's KS campaign didn't work out, a little too ambitious, so now Cinemaware is back with a new campaign. Check it out and back it if you're interested, and tell your friends! (I'm not a part of it, just sharing because I really want this game on iOS and Mac).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-remastered-edition

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope this old thread is ok. Thanks.