Universal CHUCHEL (by Amanita Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 28, 2018.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    One of the best things I’ve played this year for me. Loving every minute of it and I think it may be my favourite of their games so far.

2. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I’ve played all of their games so far, but found Samorost 3 a little obscure, ie the puzzles were just too baffling. Even when I solved some, I didn’t know why I’d succeeded.

How does this compare?

CJ

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It’s definitely a trial and error process (so far) but the fun is in seeing what will happen when you do something rather than the more traditional point and click adventure - In fact I’d hesitate really to call them puzzles, they’re more of an interactive cartoon? I’m certainly not finding it remotely baffling or difficult just a lot of fun.

metalcasket likes this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This one is quite different. Even when the puzzles are obtuse, there’s fun to be had just trying things out. In general, though, the puzzles seem easier, and you can often get hints. Since each section has one objective (get to the cherry), you are never at a loss to figure out what you need to do (which is what I tend to find frustrating about adventure games) — just how.

There are also whole sections that are more like mini games, including some inspired by classic arcade games. Overall, I’ve been really enjoying Chuchel, especially for short playing sessions.

metalcasket likes this.
  5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This is absolutely spot-on. It certainly is an Amanita game through and through but it’s very different than their older stuff. While those were adventure games often steeped in logical puzzles, this is a trial and error Scrat-like (remember Ice Age? ;)) While I love all of Amanita’s titles, I’d say this one definitely resonates with me the most. It’s charming, adorable, and almost has a childlike purity to it.

orangecan, squarezero and ROGER-NL like this.
  6. jag64

jag64 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    JUST WOW: i really wonder why this gem is not mentioned or reviewed either at toucharcade or pocketgamers: very sad: because this game is sooooo ful of charme, probably tooo easy: and most important: you have a good laugh! it‘s a piece of art: AND a love project to games at all: this tetris level was fun as hell: i will orobably start again because it‘s so funny