iPad Chronicles Of Inotia glitch or am I lucky?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheBrianPerryProject, Apr 18, 2009.

1. I'm currently building up my character and pet Skills by lurking around the "Mushroom Plantation" area defeating the Funguses. I started noticing that the Fungus on the far bottom right corner dropped a Red Potion so I waited for it to reappear so I can kill it again. And it dropped another Red Potion. So, I smiled devilishly and repeated the same process about 10 times and it dropped a Red Potion everytime :p my question is.....does this happen often or am I just lucky? Just wondering.......:confused:

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    It's probably a glitch. What a coincidence, that's where I am currently leveling up! Thanks for the tip though, I think I'll try and see if that works for me sooner or later. Desperately in need of some health potions :)

3. That's funny, great minds think alike ;)

4. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Can you give me a comparison between this game and The Quest? I am currently playing the Quest but I also have this game. I just never got started with it yet

5. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Chronicles of Inotia - better graphics, better music, much more repetitive (just click on a monster and watch the character attack repeatedly), linear gameplay, lower level of difficulty, really not much to do other than kill monsters to grind
    The Quest - horrible graphics, I can't comment on sound as I didn't hear any, much more complex and nonlinear gameplay (very similar to Elder Scrolls) with tons of dialogue/text descriptions/choices, much less action
    The Quest is an example of a western RPG, while Inotia is obviously a K/C/JRPG. I prefer Inotia over The Quest because I've never played western RPGs before and found it very bland, slow-paced, and confusing; it's actually a chore to read through all that dialogue and not meet any foes for a long time.

6. Cowgba

Cowgba Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I was playing the demo a couple nights ago, and after getting nothing but gold for a while from the slime things at the beginning of the game, I started getting short swords consistently for every slime I killed.

7. I'm trying to find a Snake that drops its skin so I can use this technique to gather 10 quickly haha.

8. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I found that sometimes the bubble guys would drop scrolls of enchant armor. This happened to me 3 times while beginning the game and these scrolls are worth 1,000 gold each. Need to find more of these bubble monsters :)

9. EyeFoneApper

EyeFoneApper Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    iPhone developer in training.
    LA
    That has never happened to me but I don't think its a glitch.

10. Page 1, 1st post talks about the glitch guys :p

11. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Nice game with nice graphics. Controls aren't too bad, and the $5 price tag is about right. This game is overall pretty fun, just a little repetitive. You kill a monster, pick up the money, then keep doing that process. There are quests you can complete, but most of them are kinda boring.

If you're tight on money, just wait for Zenonia. If you want an RPG right now, then this game is your game. Overall, it's an ok game, not the best, but still an alright game.

12. It is worth it indeed. This is my first RPG for my iPhone since I wasn't too fond of any other ones and I am loving it. Zenonia is going to be another must buy once it comes out.

13. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    don't get Arvale, worst game ever.

14. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Any reason why you say that? It has a slightly higher rating than Inotia in the iTunes store. I was thinking about getting Arvale, Vay, or Inotia, can't decide which, in addition to the must-get Zenonia.

15. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Get Vay. Vay has a really engaging storyline and it doesn't get boring at all. Although it doesn't have any replay value, the game itself lasts around 40 hours. I couldn't put down my phone because of this game. Probably the only game that I actually played for more than 3 hours straight.

2nd would be Inotia and Arvale has almost the exact storyline as Vay except the graphics and stuff. That ugly arrow thing that takes up the screen is also a big minus. There is an Arvale Lite if you want to try that one also but Vay is my favorite so far.

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Why is there no replay value for Vay? If it lasts 40 hours it would be pretty fun to play it again, I would assume lol.
    I checked the Canadian and US iTunes store, and there is no Arvale Lite. Which store did you get the Lite version from?

17. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Woah. Well there used to be a lite version for Arvale. Looks like they deleted it which is weird but oh well. There isn't any replay value because once you beat Vay, you don't feel like beating it again because you worked so hard already to beat the game and you pretty much do the same thing over if you want to play the game again.

18. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    It is kinda unpolished, and the graphics aren't too good. Plus it is really hard and had no clear directions on what to do, I just got really confused and quit it.

19. On a sidenote, how in the world do I get past that army of Orcs gathering around me at the Fortress of Urc? :(