Universal Chroma Squad (by BANDAI NAMCO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, May 18, 2017.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Probably has to do with Toei.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sure hope this one stays premium.

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    How do the battles play? Like are there commands to give or is it like auto battle until a skill is ready to use? Can't tell from the video I saw there was no input commands anywhere it just played like a pixelated movie.

4. Kaje85

Kaje85 Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    It's turn based, full control over your squad. Each member has their own skills, but you can combine etc. at times too.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay bought it and it's really darn cool. But I do need some help.. the tutorial honestly was not very good. I'm still confused how assists, team attacks, and finishers work. Assists seem to show an assist marker at random spots on the map so I can't tell how to use them without blindly guessing. Team attacks I'm not sure what the trigger is or which position initiates two people attacking at once. And then a mission said I needed to defeat a boss with a finisher but that's not the same as everyone attacking at once. It's all very confusing tbh.

The game seems to be great but I think I need a guide to figure out this stuff.

6. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone confirm if there is iCloud save back up. That's the deal breaker between iOS & PS4.

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #27 Gwarmaxx, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017

yeah, same for me here, ie can't understand when the director asks for a combined attack with 2 or 3 characters only, is it possible? i can see it works only with all five members :confused:

anyway, check here Lawliet https://steamcommunity.com/app/251130#scrollTop=0

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Wow this game is great

9. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
  10. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Oh wow!! Can't believe this came to iPhone. It's a perfect fit.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh thanks, I was looking at those Steam pages earlier. They helped a bit. I'm learning more through trial and error so I should be okay. I figured out mostly how combo attacking works. The only thing I can't figure out is acrobatic teamwork. I'm not sure which tiles become available for which characters. I pretty much have to guess. It looks like it's a combination of character movement range plus someone who's in a diagonal line of sight? That really is bugging me that I can't figure it out - I end up wasting a move putting someone into teamwork phase and I can't get anyone to use it.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
  13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    For attacking with multiple people at once, they need to be in Teamwork mode next to the enemy. Then have another unit do an attack next to the enemy - all the Teamwork'ed characters should all hit. So the amount of people attacking depends on how many you have set up in Teamwork mode next to the enemy you are attacking.

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    It's the same for acrobatics. Click teamwork then the next character can use that guy to go further . The squares are yellow as to how far you can throw each guy .. the distance thrown might be the same for everybody but max travel distance is different since some have more or less movement

15. lmqack

lmqack New Member

May 26, 2014
    Hi all,

Is this game only release to US? I can't find this game in my country, and it mention only available in US T_T

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Same here

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    omg this game is so much fun like final fantasy tactics, rocketcat humor, and some even some kairosoft simulation. recommend for sure.

18. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    There are lot of games from Japan not out in US. Wanna trade countries? Lol

19. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Hmm... but trailer is in Japanese audio. How ironic.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    But it's not exactly the same. I tested it many times. You can hit teamwork next to a teammate who will attack next but you won't get yellow boxes. I believe you have to be positioned a certain way as well as considering travel distance. You have to be perfectly diagonal from an enemy or something like that.