iPad Christmas Sale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by field5, Dec 18, 2008.

1. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    There are a few games I want to buy...Do you think it's worth to wait till the 25th or 26th? Does anyone think there will be major christmas price cuts? I want to get fastlane or ferrari, rolando, and uno and/or maybe some other expensive ones that I can't think of right now....so whatdaya all think will happen? sale? no sale?

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    If last month was any indication, look for price drops galore. I'm waiting on alot of bigger purchases almost a guarantee of price drops, seriously.

3. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    A lot of games went on sale, or were free over Thanksgiving and Black Friday, however that is a date associated with sales and savings, so it kind of made sense. Many apps are already on xmas sales, whether any would cut their price for just the day of xmas, I'm not sure. It would be a risky business move because on one hand, people may be too busy that day to actually buy them, which is good for the developer because they don't sell too many copies at a lower price, however it kind of defeats the purpose of having a promotional sale.

4. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I could see a feeding frenzy over those iTunes Gift Cards people are opening on christmas day.

5. free games

free games Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I agree wait it out

6. If somebody has a card, however, they might be more inclined to purchase apps at full price cuz it was a gift and not their money

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    yea it worth a try to wait you might be able to get some on sale :)

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    yea i would hate to go shopping for those on christmas day :p

9. jakemann23

jakemann23 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    im thinking there wont be a lot of sales. most apps are already on a "holiday" sale as it is...

10. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Yeah, people are going to want some of that gift card action on the 25th.

11. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Well something that may not be known by most people is that iTunes connect (what the devs use to upload & update their applications) will be closed for the holidays so the sale will most likely start early and end late

12. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    it may be down, but people can put in auto price reductions that will start on a specific date ahead of time... Lets see what happens..

13. Virtual Pool has been on sale since Thanksgiving and will be going UP after Christmas as the sale will end after Santa heads back to the North Pole. We might have lost our minds, but I wouldn't be surprised if other devs are going to follow the same plan. So.. I would buy before the 25th or 27th or so.