Christmas Air Hockey - Choose the icon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Acceleroto, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Elimin8

Elimin8 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks for the detailed response, I had a slight clue that it would be an issue with the network which seemed to be the case. That's a total BUMMER, multiplayer air-hockey would be SO MUCH FUN! Damn you WiFi and your slow speeds! I vote for FREE 100Mbps WiFi for ALL Acceleroto customers ;) *cough* Santa, That's My Wish List *cough*

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    No, I vote for 2. ;)

3. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I have a cool idea for a sign, a guys face with a hole in it where the Hockey paddle hit him in the face, jk. Only because I got hit with a hockey stick today :( Hurt like hell!

I like Number 1 personally though 3a is also good:)

4. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

:D If only Santa could deliver on that!

Still it's not just the speed. There's actually not much data that needs to get moved back & forth between devices, so raw data transfer speed only helps so much. It's really latency that bites you with this kind of game...or how long it takes for data to get to another phone (and back) once it's sent. For example, I have a friend with satellite internet. His download data rate is really good, but it takes almost a second to start getting data after he asks for it. Could you imagine everything your opponent was doing show up a second after he did it? Ouch!

Thanks for all the icon votes everyone. Apple's review team is closed for the next couple days (Thanksgiving holiday here in the US). Hopefully Christmas Air Hockey will hit the store next week.