iPad Christmas Air Hockey by Acceleroto - $0.99 SALE!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Acceleroto, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

Our game Christmas Air Hockey just launched!

Screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Description:

See snowmen! Hear Santa! Christmas lights! Wreaths & ornaments! Get your holiday cheer right here! Super fun air hockey action with 12 Game Center and OpenFeint leaderboards & 25 achievements. Earn 1000 achievement points in Game Center AND OpenFeint. Tournament mode, great single player & two player action, and more! Grab this brand new hit from Acceleroto - developer of the #1 smash hit Air Hockey.

Play Christmas Air Hockey in 1 player mode with 6 difficulty options. Play in any level with the normal 1 puck or pick 2 pucks for extra fun. YouÂ’ll see sweet new starburst special effects when you really get into the game. Pick 2 player mode to play against a friend on your device.

Challenge yourself with Tournament Mode! Start at 1 puck Kiddie Mode and advance through all the puck and difficulty options.

You decide on your favorite leaderboard & achievement service. Christmas Air Hockey supports both Game Center and OpenFeint.

Merry Christmas from Acceleroto!

Grab the game while it's on sale for $0.99! Get it in the App Store:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas-air-hockey/id399733138?mt=8

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    The art is awesome. Good luck with the game guys!

3. Elimin8

Elimin8 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Not to thread crap but another air hockey game is adding Multiplayer via gamecenter :( Hopefully, it will be added soon to this

4. Acceleroto

Promo codes!

@Elimin8 It's a long story. Several have talked about it. It's easy to connect devices using Game Center, but extremely difficult to make the gameplay awesome on a game that moves this fast. Things happen in a game like this faster than in a FPS. For the internet games, network latency is too slow - even over wifi. None of the "major" hockey games have pulled this off...likely because no one wants to release something without outstanding game play.

Alright everyone, promo codes! Please let the thread know if you redeem one of these.

JL393FK77PWJ
    AFKJTKEWH7K7
    JEMYAPHHRL99

Please post what you think about it!

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    grabbed AFKJTKEWH7K7
    thanks

6. User123

User123 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Russia
    All codes are disassembled :(

7. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    Thank you, I took JL393FK77PWJ.

I'm pretty sure others will ask, but why another (3 now) stand alone app rather than adding the Christmas theme as an update? As far as I can tell the theme is the only difference from your other hockey games.

8. Acceleroto

Great question. It's actually completely separate code from Air Hockey - the levels are called the same names, but the AI is different, the physics are different - every line of code is different. To get the Christmas themes right, I couldn't use Air Hockey as a base. This one does share some code with Doodle Hockey (the menu structure, for example), but the AI is still an evolution on that game...plus the particle effects are completely rewritten along with quite a few things under the hood.

Besides that, with all the new HD graphics & sounds in this one, there was no way to give this much Christmas awesomeness & stay under the iPhone's 3G 20MB app download limit. :D

Thanks - enjoy it!

9. MissLashes

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    Ok, I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

10. Acceleroto

You're welcome! I'd love to hear what people think of the game. Please post any thoughts or feedback!

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    ok the game is pretty good. there's alot of features, and i especially like the two puck feature. however, the paddles are way to big and the backrounds take up space on the sides, limiting the playing area by alot. it just isn't as fun to play in a small and tight area. if this is the best hockey game made by you guys, i would have to say glow hockey is better, with more themes, paddles, and multiplayer. the only thing you have on it is two pucks

12. MissLashes

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.

I played a few games, and I'm loving the graphics!! I also like the way the new menu is presented (maybe you can use this kind of menu in your other 2 hockey apps?). Overall Its very polished and runs beautifully smooth. The sounds are nice and if your skilled enough to score a quick goal you just might hear 'ol Saint Nick himself!

13. Acceleroto

Thanks for posting back - great feedback! @Osujxu, kinda funny - someone else told me the mallets were too small. Glow Hockey has the smallest mallets (aka paddles) I've seen out of the popular air hockey-type games. It's definitely a nice game - of course, this one is targeted at the Christmas season specifically, so they're a bit different by design. I definitely understand what you're saying about the play area. That's why there are 2 of the 5 tables that don't have any overhanging decorations. You can cycle through them in the settings/tables section. Some people REALLY love the lights & ornaments, some people prefer tables without them.

In all the tables, the decorations don't limit your gameplay area. The pucks & mallets can slide freely underneath the lights. In fact, you can see shadows & subtle light glows on your mallets & pucks as the slide underneath the decorations. :D

@MissLashes Thanks! The artist for the game is amazing. I really enjoy working with her. I think she did a great job capturing the feel of Christmas in the art style I was looking for. (I think the sounds are fun too!)

Thanks everybody for downloading the game so far! Within 12 hours of launch, Christmas Air Hockey cracked into the top 100 kids games and top 100 family games categories. It's now almost the end of day 1 & it's climbing the charts! :D

14. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    #14 ezone, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    Downloading now... congrats on your new release Mr Air Hockey!

Ha! Take that Groucho! I'm currently #1 on the 1 Puck Easy!

Hey, for the mallet size, how about an option in settings, or another game mode (with leaderboards).

15. Acceleroto

Arrrgh! I can't believe you knocked me out of #1. I'll get it back! Promise!

Good ideas, thanks!