iPad Chopper on sale at 99c

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by majicDave, Mar 29, 2009.

1. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Chopper is temporarily on sale at 99c - iTunes Link

Usually Chopper is $4.99, so it's a pretty big saving. It's not the first time it's been 99c, and it won't be the last, but now is as good a time as any to get it :)

In case anyone is interested about why I'm dropping the price so much, it's because I want to see Chopper on as many iPhones as possible. In my mind 5 sales at 99c is way better than 1 sale at $5.

But if I permanently keep it at 99c it devalues it too much. I believe Chopper is worth more than 99c, so a sale now and then is a happy middle ground for me.

Have a look at the Chopper 2 thread too, I'm keen to hear suggestions for the sequel.

Cheers
    David Frampton - Majic Jungle Software

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I bought Chopper the day it came out, and I can not wait for the sequel. .99 is a great deal for this game so much fun and the ability to save when you want to is perfectly executed because if you die during the early levels you can just go right back to the save and play again. I wasted a whole semester of composition playing this game, i got a C in the class but I passed the game. :)

3. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Nice to know! I picked up your gem for the Mac last year and for the iPhone on July 10th for $7.99, but I felt it too be worth every cent!

I'm extremely excited for the sequel :)

4. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    This sale has been on for around 4 days. :p.

5. majicDave

Patreon Indie

Yeah, sorry, I was a little slow getting to posting about it!

6. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

maybe he was busy or out of town and didn't get the chance to stop by when he first put it on sale.

7. majicDave

Patreon Indie

I was actually moving house! Back to work now though.

I'll be pushing an update to Chopper within the next day or two. A bug has been found and fixed, and I will be adding the option to use left/right sides of the screen to drop bombs and fire the machine gun.

So with the new version coming, there are a few promo codes left over, and I thought I'd post some here.

Normal rules apply: first in first served, and they only work in the US store. Enjoy :)

Y6FXYELP3JAH
    RMKPJFAFYRRY
    YRKJMNTXKF76
    ELWARL49AWH4
    97KJRFME9RLP
    RHWLE94THP69
    66YKFET6HJKM
    3RP7PPNYW9FT

8. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Redeemed ELWARL49AWH4 Thanks!

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I think I got it for 99c too, last year, maybe? I dunno, I've had it for a while. Can't beat that price.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I used 1 promo code, thanks! :)

11. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Redeemed YRKJMNTXKF76. Thanks!

12. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Thanks, I used Y6FXYELP3JAHQ!

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Great game! I just wish there's a bit more inbetween animation when the chopper flips. I love how the people run to get on board but I always fly again to leave them :p

I wish there's an easter egg game mode where everyone tries to hide in the building and our goal is to shoot everyone who's not fast enough :D

14. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I love Chopper and even more so because it isn't heavy on overdone graphics. It reminds me of the "early days" of iPhone games, and this should be considered among the iPhone classics especially now that we're moving towards Chopper 2. I still pick this up and play it since it's been a mainstay on my device even with the constant onslaught of new games.

15. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    At first I thought that Chopper was a simple, boring game, but now I have the game using a Promo Code I love it! I'll buy chopper 2 for sure!

16. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    All codes are gone already?

17. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Idk, how bout you try them and find out :confused:

And plus those were posted a while ago. codes are usually gone within the first 5-10 min, so yes I'd assume so. :rolleyes:

18. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I thought Chopper was a pretty good game (although not at the $8 price I spent). It's a pretty solid game where you can't go wrong. For 99c, this game is pretty sweet although I haven't played it for some time now. My friends usually take my phone and play it though. Get it while you can :)

19. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    5-10 minutes is being generous!

I give 5-10 posted codes about 2-3 minutes max. on this site :eek: