Universal Chopper 2 - by Majic Jungle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 26, 2010.

1. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Out of the more than 17,000 people who have logged a score in OpenFeint, only 39 have completed the game on the 'Harder' difficulty ;)

I will almost definitely be adding some more missions at some point, but it was important that I addressed some of the missing features and issues with the first release first :)

2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    and its an excellent game anyway !

not shilling but amazed how good this is :)

3. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Still see virtual stick pretty pointless because it basically prevents you from seeing enemy missiles and what not from the left side.

Would love to have an auto calibrate whenever you pause the game.

Also the font for the cutscenes in the city at night is pretty hard to read.

Otherwise this game is pretty amazing. Maybe some different helicopter models in the future would be nice as well lol.

4. majicDave

Patreon Indie

I agree. It's there if you absolutely hate tilt based controls, and works a lot better on the iPad than the iPhone, but in general it is not a good way to play on an iPhone.

The default is for the auto calibrate to only do so in between each level, or when it is paused when in remote control mode. It does seem like a good idea to have it also calibrate while paused in the normal mode, so I will look at changing this in the next update.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

5. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA

lol cool. I love to give feedback to devs that hang out on TA forums. Because its easier than through itunes.

I'm not too much of a fan of writing reviews, unless I want to write a full review which I usually do when I 'beat a game' and enjoyed it. =)

Speaking of which, see that you are one of the few dev's playing around with the tv out function. Could the ios api allow you to somehow stream the app over wifi/bluetooth to a computer? That seems way more plausible than linking up a iphone to an ipad to a tv with cables everywhere =)

6. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks for the update! I like the option to place the virtual stick at the bottom of the screen. Could I please make another suggestion? Can you make the placement of the virtual stick and the bomb button independent of each other? I think I'd like it if the virtual stick was at the bottom left of the screen and the bomb button at the top right of the screen. That way I could fire the gun using the bottom right of the screen.
    Also, when playing with the ipod touch as a controller for the ipad, I think the placement of the bomb button stays on the left of the screen regardless of the virtual stick location. Could you make the bomb button configurable to the right side of the screen also?

Thanks again for a great game! I'm in the minority who likes a virtual stick and am really glad you considered some of our past suggestions!:)

7. majicDave

Patreon Indie

#87 majicDave, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    You and me both :) Developers don't like getting feedback over iTunes, as there is no way to respond. Usually problems can be worked through and fixed pretty quickly, but not when there is no chance for developers to ask questions or offer solutions. I can't guarantee that I'll answer every question here, but I'll do my best!

I'll be releasing a Mac version at some point, hopefully later this year which I aim to do exactly that :)

I can definitely see how this could be good, however I'm always hesitant to add too many options at the risk of confusing people, and I'm running out of space in the control options dialog! But I'll definitely keep the idea in mind.

Thanks, you've picked up a bug there, will fix that in the next update. Not sure how that one slipped in :/

8. majicDave

Patreon Indie

iPod touch 4th gen TV out support

Just a quick note, if you're picking up a new iPod touch, the 4th generation also supports TV out on the currently available version of Chopper 2.

I've tested it with the VGA adapter and composite and component cables, and they all work great.

Even if you don't have a TV out cable, you can still use any iPhone or iPod touch to control the new 4th generation iPod touch too. This is kind of a side effect of the TV out support, but might be worth a try if you happen to have two devices :)

There is also a new FAQ including cable recommendations and a guide for setting up the remote control feature here:
    http://majicjungle.com/chopper2_faq.html

9. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Now on sale for 99 cents!

10. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Chopper 1 is on sale for 99 cents. Version 2 is still the same price.

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    If you mean version 2 is having the same $.99 sale, then you're right ;)

12. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    is it good? how many achievements has it?

btw, you can now buy it for your mac in the appstore for .99 too. (So at best you have to buy your games three times, ipod, ipad and mac. ridiculous, I'm out - sorry being OT)

13. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    It has 56 achievements.

14. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    But the iPod and iPad version are the same app, it's universal.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's definitely the only worthy pickup on the Mac App Store right now.

16. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Does this have the ipad TV support?

17. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nevermind.. I tested out myself and it was too cool to not make a video. Screenshots just don't do it any justice. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEKNH_Puqhc

Playing Chopper 2 in 1080p on an iPad 2 HDMI out to a HDTV and using the iPhone 4 to as a controller (native feature) for the game. :)

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA