Universal Chopper 2 - by Majic Jungle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 26, 2010.

1. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Enjoying this game ...

One request ... while the tilt controls work nicely and are lovely and smooth ... i'm finding the touch controls (for those times when you want to play in a weird angle) are really too twitchy ... any chance to make that analog stick have a bit more progression to it?

Other than that... thanks for a cracking sequel ... well done!

Will be playing it on my iPad with iPhone control later tonight for the first time so looking forward to trying that

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    As mentioned by others, for touch controls, it'd be great if you can either
    1. allow users to manually move the dpad sort of like in zenonia
    OR
    2. just move the dpad to the edge of the screen, since the iphone screen is already small, having any sort of gap from the edge of the screen to the dpad is wasted space and just forces your thumb to be in the way. I'm sure this should be a rather simple fix.

Other than that, first time playing a chopper game, and it's pretty awesome!

3. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008

You've got it backwards. Component is MUCH higher quality than composite.

4. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

Just a quick note, currently the iPad outputs 576p from the component cables. This is better quality than composite, however it is much worse that the 1024x768 the VGA adapter outputs.

If you have a choice, go with VGA. It is much better quality, and in my testing also provides better frame rates.

5. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Thanks that is good info. Loving the game!

6. magnum_2107

magnum_2107 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Anyone know how long the sale lasts? I had a nasty storm knock out my cable and internet (going on 3 days now).

7. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Wow!

Wouldn't have known about this unless I read about it on the front page of this great site.
    This game is so well polished...you can tell a lot of time went into it.
    Great job...and the sale made it an "insta-buy"
    Thanks for a truly great game! :)

8. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I never tried the first game cuz honestly, I never even heard of it, but when I first heard about this one months ago, I was more than intrigued. When it came out unexpectedly yesterday, I decided to take the plunge, and boy am I glad I did. This game is soooooo polished, it's unbelievable. The amount of content is amazing, the scenery is breathtaking, the controls do their job well, and the gameplay is awesome. The only thing I can think of to fix would be to make the touch controls a little less sensitive, and to move the pad into the lower left corner. This game is already an amazing value, but what I would love to see implemented would be a survival mode for each area. This could be similar to Saucelifter where your task is to rescue civilians and deliver them meanwhile avoiding attacks from enemies and avoiding the deaths of the civilians. This addition would add an infinite amount of replay value to an already amazing game and would make me very happy :) I can't recommend this game enough, and I've only played the first 3 tutorial levels on normal :D great job devs, keep up the great work and keep updating this game, cuz it can only get better!

9. SstakK

SstakK Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    It's official twilight towers and night terror are the most beautiful levels in the game. I just love the reflections on the buildings. Since now only 2 games have that, NFS:S and this. And i like skyscrapers :)

But what are the the 3gs special graphic enhances?

10. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

Chopper 2 is RACING up the charts. It's top 10 in games for the iPad around the world & ranging from #12 to about 100 overall on the iPhone (#31 in the US right now) -- after only 24 hours. The more I play, the more I love this game - excellent job!

11. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    If one is getting this just for their iPhone/iPod, is it worth it? Never played the first one but is getting great reviews

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Try the lite of the first one. I did and loved it so I bit on it for $.99. Now, I'm on mission 16 of the first one and know that when I'm finished I'll definately be getting the second one.

13. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Hi MagicDave, any feedback from you on the touch control suggestions? Still loving the game! Thanks again.

14. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hi gus1, sorry, I definitely appreciated the feedback, and have been thinking over it. I've had a number of comments about the touch control position, so something will need to be done. I like the idea of the method you describe, though have not decided on exactly what I will do.

Cheers!

15. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks so much for the reply. Not much action on this thread as of late. Everyone must be spending all their time playing this game!:) Appreciate that you are open to suggestions about your great game.

16. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    this game is absolutely excellent !
    i'm not a big flying, action gamer normally but this just nails it !

almost perfection :)

17. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

yeah great game! Loving it, and I'm playing it on my iMainGo2 which makes the experience even better!

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Can someone please tell what the glowing green man/men on the buildings are for? Thanks

19. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New In Version 1.1

20. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    no new stages?
    what for is that if every one already passed the game umm