Universal Chopper 2 - by Majic Jungle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 26, 2010.

1. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

You shouldn't have to tilt very far, after a bit of time with the controls people tend to get used to it, but good to know, thanks. I could possibly add an option to increase/decrease sensitivity in an update.

The gyroscope data is combined with the accelerometer data to reduce noise, and allow for more precise control.

2. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Chopper 2 is absolutely brilliant. Buy it now. If you don't, I'll tell your mom.

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

increasing/decreasing the sensitivity would be very much appreciated... Cheers.

4. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

This is one hell of a game, well worth the wait. Graphics are phenomenal and it greatly expands on enjoyable gameplay of the predecessor. I just wanted to commend you on a job well done, just wish I had an iPad to see this beauty on a TV.

5. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Great game! Really impressed and glad I picked it up.
    A couple suggestions-
    1-In touch control mode, move the analog stick down to the bottom left corner.
    2- Being able to use the remote feature is good, but a remote feature with touch controls would also be really nice.
    3- Change tilt sensitivity.
    4- Blutooth sync between iPad and iPhone so that I don't have to play all of the earlier levels again on my iPod.
    5- Unlockable chopper skins.

Now if you were able to implement these 5 suggestions, Chopper 2 would be perfect! It's already on of the best games on the app store as it is. :D

6. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Looks cool. I picked it up just to find out if I like this game more than I assume I'd like this type of game and to support an indie developer who has put a lot of work into it. Should be pretty fantastic The price was more than right as well, thanks for that :).

7. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I just finished a few missions. I'm definitely liking this. The graphics are nice and crisp on the iPad, and the game controls better than the lite version of the first Chopper. I would like to save my game "in the cloud" and resume playing on my iPhone 4 then go back to my iPad and so on. Is there a chance we might see that sort of integration in a future update? I could see myself putting a good amount of time into this. Great job!

8. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    How does this compare to saucelifter?

9. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks to the dev for a great game! This definitely lives up to my expectations. Surpasses the first game in every way and the first game was awesome! Love the graphics, and the floating mission briefing is too cool! I also appreciate the touch controls but would like to make a suggestion please:

A previous poster suggested to move the analog stick to the bottom. Could you instead make it "floating", ie wherever you touch the screen it would be the "neutral" position of the stick? An example of this would be controls in the iOS game "isotope". That way, you could "on the fly" change the position of the virtual stick if it got in the way of visualizing something on the bottom, middle or top of the left side of the screen? I understand that you can currently touch anywhere on the screen to fire the machine guns, but could you maybe make it so that the right half of the screen would fire the guns and the left have could be devoted to the floating virtual stick? I like to play this game with the virtual stick and this change or option to do so would be most welcome.

Otherwise, A+++ on this game. I'm waxing nostalgic about choplifter when I play Chopper2! Thanks!:)

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Absolute gaming bliss.

Jamie

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#51 Habakuk, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    Game Impressions

Tried it with the Apple AV cable (but the more versatile composite version and not component as advertised) and it works so far. Movements are not quite so smooth as on iPad but the huge picture is great anyway, controls via iPhone (3G) are perfect.

Unbelievable! Another app besides YouTube, Slideshow and iPod that supports TV out (and stereo audio out of course what supports each app)! So it's up to the devs if they implement this great feature or not. Hopefully now more apps will show up with this.

Don't mix up component and composite video cables! They look similar and cost the same but they are complete different, technically spoken. They are NOT compatible! The game works with both of them but you need a more complex tv set or beamer for component input. Both are analog and the quality of the latter should be slightly better.

I bought the composite version because almost each hotel or conference room tv set of the world has a composite input (at least with a SCART/Cinch adapter), only the better, modern and expensive devices support component input. The component cable has FIVE RCA connectors—so if you want extension (and you'll want that for sure) you need FIVE additional (but rather cheap) cables.

Apple Component AV Cable

Apple Composite AV Cable

I wrote a review on those cables in my blog if you are interested. It's German-language but you'll find a demo video and some pics anyway.

12. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #52 russiaone, Jul 27, 2010
    Ok, one more gripe... I know this game has multi-tasking, but I hate it that it doesn't save after every round.

And so far, I reeeeeeeeally miss all the civilians there were to save in the previous game. I don't really care for the focus on action this time around...

And I don't see a Pacifist difficulty, either... Maybe in an update?

And damn the last round of Passing Storm is devious...

And damn Night Terror is a gorgeous level...

But I'm gonna stop playing for tonight, as I'm sure I'm more than halfway done...

Well, I still have Hard and Harder to beat...

13. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Game Impressions

Just bought it this morning, played ten missions, and so far it's really good. Graphics are excellent on iphone 4, gameplay with tilt is top notch, overall a great game. When i'll finish this one i think i'm gonna buy chopper 1.

14. noelbernie

noelbernie Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Impressions

Thank you so much for an awesome game :)

- Could you add OpenFeint progress and score sync between devices using the same OpenFeint account ? I played a lot on my iPad, but I'd like to have my progress saved for on-the-go games on my iPhone !

- small bug : on iPad, if the game is paused while the Joystick is being used to move (Touch controls), resuming the game will have the effect of the chopper stuck in ine direction, possibly firing gun. Tapping in the screen a few times unsticks that. Not a bug deal ;-)

- small issue : on iPad, the game starts with screen title 'chopper2' on the wrong way. Game menu is on the right way tho.
    Issue when home button is on the left side.

Congratulations for this AAA game !!

15. r0x0r

r0x0r Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Germany
    Just bought it this morning and it´s real fun. Reminds me the good ol´ days when choplifter was one of my favorite games :D

16. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Sweet!

Awesome game! :D Highly recommend!

Thanks to Dave and Majic Jungle for another great game!

17. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #57 xStatiCa, Jul 27, 2010
    Hopefully only as an option. Floating controls often make me lose games. My fingers tend to just barely come off and back on during intense gaming sessions. This causes the joystick location to change which results in unexpected input when I don't realize it happened. That can cause instant death depending on what is happening on screen.

The best option is having options to satisfy everyone. An option for movable joystick location in a setting menu so that it is stationary when playing. An option for floatable where when you touch the screen the joystick moves to that location and it becomes the new center(for those like you that like it).

The floating controls are what kill my scores in Geometry Wars on iPad. I have to play it on the iphone because for some reason they only allow stationary joystick controls on the iPhone. On the iPad they are always floatable :(.

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    How are the controls?

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This is excellent. Thanks for the response!

20. noelbernie

noelbernie Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Impressions

I finished the game in normal mode.
    It was pretty awesome :) I am currently #6 worldwide :p it won't last but it's fun anyway.

Congrats again to Dave !!!