Universal Chopper 2 - by Majic Jungle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 26, 2010.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The game is great! Love the graphics and the control is perfect. As a casual gamer I am happy about the more forgiving landing design. It's not a simulation and landing the chopper perfectly is not the main point of the game.

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Fair enough. I guess that's good enough for me to give this a try.

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    To be honest, you could've just slapped a 2 onto a title that was just more Chopper and I would've gladly bought it, because the first game just plays phenomenally and is fun even after the tenth play through. CANNOT WAIT til the clock strikes whatever it has to so I can get this into my cold hard hands.

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This looks great...I can't wait. i wish I lived in NZ:D

5. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Well, happy to report I'm not sorry one bit about picking this up. The feel is a definite improvement over the original, as is just about everything else. (Note to the devs: you're doing yourselves a disservice by just slapping a "2" over the original icon.) Smooth framerate, high degree of polish and attention to detail. Recommended.

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Looks fantastic, especially the graphics. Sadly over my itunes credit by 50 cents. Even though I've spent $70 since the summer started, time to go back and get some itunes cards :rolleyes:

7. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    See you took the plunge glad you agree that it is streets better than the first what do you think of the physics on the chopper

8. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Much better than the original. Even the landings don't bother me as much as I expected, as there is at least a little "kick" when you land too hard.

It's still arcade of course, (and you wouldn't want it any other way in a game like this) but the difference that little extra weight and inertia makes is very significant.

9. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
  10. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #31 russiaone, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    Bought and bought...

Already played a few levels and am happy to say this plays like Chopper, has the feel of Chopper, but expands upon that game on so many levels...

And the game has this excellent 2.5d feel, which I appreciate a lot after loving Klonoa from back in the day...

All in all, if you liked Chopper you'll like the sequel. If you loved it, however, you'll be on cloud nine.

And I'm glad you can kill the birds. I wish you could trap them in a net and then use them as a weapon, though.

Congrats, Dave, on a great final product.

11. Xionic

Xionic New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Amazingly fun game at an incredible price. gj :)

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I rarely buy a game so quickly off the rack, so to speak. I wait for the reviews to come in before making a purchase. But, the video alone showed such a clean presentation and showed angles of shots that you just don't see in an iphone app that I just had to buy this before hitting the hay. The screens don't do this game justice. You've got to see it up close and personal through the vids. Amazing vid that doesn't overhype the game but actually is a true representation of what you're getting...a fantastic, slickly produced, and entertaining game.

13. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Hi, just wondering, how's the replayability on a game like this? I never got the first one and only just tried the Lite. I like it but I really try to only get games I'll come back to. Are there any like survival modes or anything?

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    please tell me this incorporates no tilt function whatsoever or that there is an option to turn tilt completely off.

If this is the case, then bought. My accelerometer has been broken for 6 months now.

15. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    "For those not keen on accelerometer-based controls, the developer has added the option of an onscreen analog control stick."

From the front page article.

16. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hi Peter.

There is more content in Chopper 2 than Chopper 1. If you were able to play through the whole game flawlessly, you could get to the end in a few hours. But the reality is that you're going to have to retry most levels a number of times, and on the hardest difficulty you're going to have to develop a very high level of skill. So there should be many hours of gameplay. And then there is always the option of trying to beat your high scores and competing on the OpenFeint leaderboards.

17. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #38 russiaone, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    One question for Dave... how exactly did the gyroscope enhance movement? I wish I didn't have to tilt my device violently to the right or left to accelerate quickly... Really my only gripe with the game.

18. Holo7

Holo7 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    U.S.
    Sold @that insanely low price!!! Will rate and review tomorrow when I've got some time on it! Congrats on your launch!!!!

19. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I’ve just played some missions. It’s a really great game.

However, I’d like to see an option to place the bomb/missile buttons dynamically. I mean: If I’m flying to the right buttons at left then if I’m flying to the left buttons at right. I think it’d be a lot easier to use the machine gun when flying to the left. I hope I was clear.