Choices, choices... what SP Campaign should I play first?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kiranb28, Aug 26, 2010.

?

Choices, choices... what SP Campaign should I play first?

1. Crysis (with those new texture/realism mods I keep hearing about)

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. GTA IV (never bothered playing it more than 15 mins)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Splinter Cell: Conviction

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Metro 2033 (hearing tons of good things about this)

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Other

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I bought and beat GTA IV the first week it came out. It wasn't bad, I just don't think it was as enjoyable as GTA3 or San Andreas were at their time of release. Also, I was hoping for the game/series to evolve a lot more than it did with the latest one, and was a little disappointed at the lack of new gameplay elements, or at least the lack of ones that I consider significant improvements over the past GTA's.

GTA IV was like more of the same with better graphics but with lesser theme/story creativity, lesser character quality than the previous GTA's.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This is pretty much spot on. Graphics and technology aside, GTAIV is a step backwards from San Andreas. There's just not as much there to keep you entertained.

...and Mafia II is even worse.

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah I played the demo of Mafia II. Not impressed. Nothing like the first Mafia which had a much more authentic feel to it.

Full game just came out and IGN gave it a 7. So it ain't horrible but not worth getting, least not right away especially with all the other good games about to come out. I'm waiting to hear impressions on Dead Rising 2, that will likely be my next PS3 purchase if all is good.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Did you even try the demo of Mafia II Kiran? It's not like you'd expect it to be. Not in a good way.

5. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Are these the games you have or plan to buy cos really these are not great single player games. Splinter Cell is really good fun though but the story doesnt last long. The others modes are good though.

6. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    +1 to this....
    Also, Team Fortress 2 is fun too.
    All online, except for bot-mode. But still, fun FPS.