Universal Choices: And The Sun Went Out (by Tin Man Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 25, 2015.

1. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you for your kind words! (and @Dankrio, too. :D)

There isn't any official place to discuss CHOICES - feel free to make this forum one!

About multiple profiles... you're not the first one requesting that feature. I suppose this mean I'll have to implement it. I'll look into it for our next release. ;)

2. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I am extremely confused:

I just started 11-2, and there seems to be a huge disconnect in the story inbetween the end of my Arc 10 and the beginning of 11

How did all these people get into the plane? What happened? Huh!?

Also, that Arc makes it seem like any and all of my decisions up to that point had no real effect, as it seems that
    everybody just ends up in the plane anyhow, no matter what I did before, where I went, etc.

Oh well, let's see how this goes on... :)

3. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's good feedback! I've made it clearer when and how the other people got on the plane.

As for your choices... all I can say is they still do matter without spoiling it. ;)

4. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Loving the game too. At first I was not sure but the price was cheap so I tried and I can't believe I'm playing now more than 7 months and still enjoying the story and the week release of episodes.

Thanks and keep the good work!

5. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you!! :D :D :D

Hopefully you'll like the 2nd story that's being launched next month too! :)

6. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Next month? Best news of the day :D But does it mean 'Sun went out' is heading into its final stretch? Or will they run parallel?

As a suggestion, even though the game engine probably won't support it: There have been so many choices made, and some of them many months ago, that most people won't remember what they did before. If at the end of the story you get to see results of your choices, it would be awesome if there is some information of 'you did that before, which is why...' - if you know what I mean?

7. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Both actually: And The Sun Went Out just entered the final phase of the story... although this phase will take 5 months or so, so we'll have two stories in parallel. ;)

About your suggestion of the summary of choices & its effects at the end... I'll figure something out. It's an idea I can get behind. :D

8. Neenzie

Neenzie New Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Love this game!

Omg I just bought Subscriptions 5 days ago and I'm all caught up! I love it so much. The writing is great. Story line is interesting and the characters have also developed so well throughout the game. Absolutely my fav! I feel lost now nothing to do until the next update :(

However I do have a problem.. I haven't been able to see how many percentage of players are on the same chapter as me.. It's been this way ever since arc 2 and I have tried wifi and cellular connection. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling. No luck. :confused:

Also, I really really would like to try other paths .. It would be good if you can save the game. Even just 2 it would be fun to see how things go. Especially it's a long term story, this would add to the fun. :D

9. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you for your kind words and suggestions!!

We're aware of the strange issue with the percentage dial on iOS, and we're currently working on the fix. My estimate is that the fix will be released with the 2nd story this month. :D

10. Potoforte

Potoforte New Member

Jan 10, 2017
    Thankyou

I just reached the ending of And the sun went out. I just wanted to thank the developers so much for what has been an amazing journey with Moti. I must admit it is so beautifully written I cried a little at the end. Without spoiling , I was in the 8% group at the ending and I am just over run with emotion!

Thank you for such a beautiful story - I'm so sad it had to end as I enjoyed each and every update so much! I wish I could buy Moti merchandise to be honest !

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of their ending as I obviously loved mine :D

11. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Maybe it is time to give another go.

I have stopped when
    Santiago was killed

Is there much more to it?

12. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    The writers (and I) thank you for your very kind words! It's been quite the emotional journey for us, too. :)

13. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    The ending is in Arc 15, if that helps. :)

14. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    So, I finally reached the end of Sun Went Out.

First of all - thank you for the amazing experience.

But, I got an ending that only 2% of other people have, and am hugely disappointed by it, since it was the opposite of everything I had done so far - at least in my opinion - and very depressing. Thing is, I don't have the time to replay the whole story again. Is there any way yet to replay certain chapters and so on, or to get an overview of possible endings?

15. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thank you :D I love the writing. I've already finished reading And The Sun Went Out, and I've caught up to the latest arc of And Their Souls Were Eaten. I wonder if there's a way to find out obscure paths we might've missed. In ATSWE,
    I can shapeshift into a sparrow, and right now I'm on a swashbuckling adventure on board a Chinese junk :p