Universal Choices: And The Sun Went Out (by Tin Man Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 25, 2015.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Enjoy the latest Arc, good wiriting! I am leaning the edge of the seat! Wow, what a journey.

BTW, find the text flashed quickly away before Moti's line appears, could be a bug.

Attached Files:

2. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oooh thanks for the screenshot! It made it a lot easier for me to find & fix that bug.

Also, I'll pass this on to Felicity Banks, the new writer I announced earlier. She wrote the section you're currently reading. And yes, she is pretty fantastic. :D

3. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh thanks.

2 more things:

1. I am not sure but the
    people with golden eyes
    thing seems not mentioned to the first 2 arcs and;

2. Since I have restarted once and tried both the Falls and Peru in Arc 2, so I am glad to find the timeline actually falls into line. Good work!

(Light bulb moment) Ah-ha! I have multiple device and since I believe the progress is local, I think I can try out different routes on different devices! Yeah!

4. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I know that I am repeating myself but I have to say once again that I am loving this. Really enjoying the writing & the added suspense of waiting for the story to continue is surprisingly fantastic.

5. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    New content?

6. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    I pushed out the end of Arc 4 on Friday -- did it not go through?

Can you tell me where you are (in spoiler tags), and I check it for bugs. Also, in "Device Information" from Choices menu, what book version do you see? :)

7. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Completed the Arc 4, it is much longer than usual. Great action! And a very special visit from an old friend...

8. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #68 tjb, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Ah, I see the new content now. Did not get a app badge notification for some reason. Book v1740.

Typo for you:

"Creeping carefully but stealthily away from the disturbance in the woods, I only let out a breathe" should be breath. The worst typos are the ones autocorrect misses because they're not misspellings.

Little while later, Moti says, "Teacher, I much advise against this cause of action." Should prolly be MUST advise against this COURSE. Not being critical. Enjoying the story!

Couple screens later, "Rocks shift again and I hear try out in French." I assume, "I hear him cry out ..."

""I don't know if I like that," he laughed dryly. I shake my head" should say SHOOK.

"I look down at the form of Wong" should also be past tense. Should I just pm you?

9. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks, I fixed them all up immediately. How embarrassing those were there and thanks for pointing them out to me! Also, post edits don't give me notifications, so probably best to PM or make new posts if you spot a bug or typo, so I can get on it instantly. :)

p.s. you don't see a badge because Choices don't have those yet. If that's a useful feature to have, I will probably look to implementing that in the future.

10. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Another bug I am afriad...

Attached Files:

11. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for the report! I fixed it. :D

12. spidersaur

spidersaur Member

Apr 15, 2015
    #72 spidersaur, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Really enjoying the game so far, nice to see devs so active on the forums too. Just wondering how many big story branches are there? I was under the impression the game would be like the telltale ones where you are given the illusion of choice, I'm impressed at the amount of freedom the player actually gets. And are there any plans for multiple save files? Might have to replay it when I finish so I don't have to wait for updates

edit: also worth noting I found a small inconsistency in arc 5.
    I was in australia, when I got out of the hospital and into the car my character acted surprised that the people that kidnapped me at the start of the game were working for delores, even though she told me about them earlier on. just a small oversight I noticed.

13. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi!

Thank you for letting me know... I just fixed it so other people won't encounter this bug. :)

I'm told I'm not supposed to say how many branches we have (big and small), so I'll keep them a secret for now. I'll definitely have to consider the idea of multiple save files. It might be challenging, considering the scope of the story...

Out of curiosity, are you playing the iOS or Android version?

14. spidersaur

spidersaur Member

Apr 15, 2015
    iOS

I also found a couple of typos, they're a bit nitpicky but I might as well post them:

http://i.imgur.com/nqSn3lz.png

should be plural scientists

http://i.imgur.com/wTqGDKi.png

spent not spend

http://i.imgur.com/fzOholE.png

left the html (i think) tags in

http://i.imgur.com/9t3FvK5.png

should be "at least"

15. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you!! I fixed all of them. I'm impressed that you went all the way to Arc 7 already! :D

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Lol.

I never knew that.

17. spidersaur

spidersaur Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Found another bug:
    In the Italian hospital with Sharon and Petrus I was given two options to escape: Wear a disguise or follow behind Sharon. I chose to follow behind Sharon but when I got to the hotel the game seemed to loop back on itself and also give me the text for escaping with the disguise. It doesn't seem to have had any ill effects, but it did confuse me for a moment.

I did try to take a screenshot to better show it but it was hard to capture the whole thing in one shot: http://i.imgur.com/V2zSeT6.jpg

18. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for that!! I just fixed it. :D

I dunno if it's a TouchArcade thing, but you people are awesome. :p

19. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Just finished Arc 9 - now off to 10-3 and still enjoying this immensely. Quality of writing has improved massively since the start.

But I am also starting to notice a decline in "keeping an overview". Due to the episodic nature I have begun forgetting what choices I made, what stories I experienced, etc. Maybe there is a way to include some kind of recap feature (without having to do hour-long scrolling back).

I am also at a point where I really really would like to start a second storyline with different choices but keep my main one going. Are there any plans to include that as feature?

Is there any other place to discuss the game, the choices, the story, etc., apart from here? I feel like I could enjoy the experience even more if I knew how much different other people's storylines might be. Usually in the gamebook category you get a quicker overview of alternatives, but since this story isn't finished yet and you can't easily go for multiple playthroughs, that missing overview is starting to slightly hurt my experience ;)

All in all - loving it, and am still happy every Friday once I get the notification of a new update!

20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am liking the game very much.