Universal Choices: And The Sun Went Out (by Tin Man Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 25, 2015.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Looks like the contents have landed.

My character (gender-less?) witnesses that event with a bunch of people (no spoiler here) and is dealing with the aftermath...

Please keep the neat stuff coming.

2. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Finish Arc 3 and I think the ending is strange:
    After giving the town a huge bonfire and the sun returns, I somehow find there is not an option for me to investigate the murder of the British scientist.

What gives?

3. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    In some story strands, you do actually investigate the murder of the British scientist. Just not the one you're on, since you're being hustled to another location by Delores. ;)

However, that was good feedback -- I shall make it clearer that you you couldn't stay even if you wanted to.

4. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Just wanted to check in & make sure everything was working properly. I just finished the falls area (as far as I am led to believe) & am waiting for the next update. I wanted to make sure there isn't content that is already available & im just not getting it. Thanks. Love it so far!!

5. gelfer1979

gelfer1979 New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    subscribtion

i tried to make subscribtion for half year, but failed. subscribtion not supported in my country (Israel). Do you have other options to subscribe and get content? I was sent mesaage to tin man support before 4 day, and was no answer.

6. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hmm, I didn't know that subscription isn't supported in Israel. My guess is, the only way to subscribe from Israel is to get a US version of Apple ID.

We're also currently looking into alternative payment models, but this process might take a month or two.

About customer support - some of the staff were on Christmas holiday, so that may explain the delay. :p

7. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you! If you mean you've reached the end of Arc 3, then yes, you're all caught up. The next update will come up in a day or two. :D

8. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks. My point is: I am not very happy that
    I do not have the choice and go back to the previous choice, I wish to help the town first and investigate the murder afterwards. And the "relation" with the park warden guy seems to drop quite abruptly.

9. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hehe we're talking in spoiler tags.

Don't worry, this isn't the last time you'll see the park warden. Same thing with the murders -- you'll come back to it at some point, just not right at this moment.

10. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Also, if you want, I recommend that you click on "Check for updates" once, and then tapping on the decoration at the top of the screen. It's the "Up button", which allows you to re-read the previous sections. I've updated the text to include your feedback. :)

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Applause: this is one great customer service! :D

12. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Cool - thanks for the response. I found the arrow up top & you are correct so I'm standing by.

Thank you for being so active & responsive. Also I wanted to mention how much I appreciate the solid story & writing.

13. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you! :D

Good news: I just published Arc 4, Week 1 to the app a few mins ago (if you updated before this message, be sure to restart the app to get the latest updates). I am glad that we're finally heading back to our original Friday timetable... the holidays had caused some unfortunate delays!

Also, this new update I just pushed features our new writer's work, Felicity Banks. She's taking over my writing parts, so that I can focus on the programming once again. :D

If you spent Arc 3 in Flying Falls, then you'll be reading her work. I hope you enjoy it!

14. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Finished the latest update (nice surprise to get two updates so close to each other!), and reached my next destination. ~15 minute chapters are working out really well for me because they're short enough to do before bed, but long enough to actually contain meaningful story.

15. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Loving it so far. I'm in chapter two. Couple typos in chapter one but I don't remember them exactly. They were however both instances where the word was spelled correctly, but was the wrong word. One might have been snarling instead of snaring? I think.

There's also a point in the library where you seem to randomly switch from writing lowercase "god(s)" to uppercase "God(s)". Seems weird. Shouldn't ever be uppercase unless it's a proper name (such as the Judeo-Christian God); otherwise lowercase is always correct.

Keep writing! Sounds like a dream job! You guys hiring?

16. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #56 tjb, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    In the cog room I'm snapping pictures with my watch, while all up until now I've been using my phone. Is the watch Moti? Does she have a camera too?

Last question before end of content allows me to ask, "Sole? As is Professor Sole?" Should prolly read, "as in".

Loving the game.

17. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks!! I just fixed all the typos you found. :D

And yup, Moti is on your wrist, which is a separate device from the phone... and it has its own camera.

It has been incredibly dream job-y. Now all we need is a ton more subscribers so that we can hire more writers to allow more branching.

18. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Arc 4:

Possible bug: In airport, one screen of text flashed quickly away after making a choice, cannot recall which one though.

I really like that part where Moti laughed.

Keep up the good work, people!

19. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    It's quite gripping. Keep 'em coming--I'll subscribe forever! I'm really enjoying myself. Moti is quite charming. :)

20. sagittaeri

sagittaeri Active Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Video Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you! :D

currymutton, I believe I found & fixed that bug. Thanks for the heads up!