Chocolate Shop Frenzy or Cake Mania 3??? Help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CandyNJ66, Feb 22, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Hey guys and girls, I've been researching Chocolate Shop frenzy along with Cake Mania 3 and they both look like great games. The videos and reviews really were positive. I got a budget so no I can't buy both of them at the moment. I am buying Sally's Salon along with one of them though.

Has anyone played both of them and like one over the other? I have read the threads for both of them but not a lot was said COMPARING the two just separately.

Thanks

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Girlfriend loves Chocolate Shop Frenzy over Cake Mania 3.

I don't know the specific details, but she plays it a lot more, at least by a 10:1 ratio.

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

csf nuff said

4. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    It really depends on what kind of gamer you are. Cake Mania 3 is a much more complicated game than CSF--harder to play, too--but if you're really good at time management games and you're looking for a challenge, I think it's the better choice. If not, CSF will be a lot less stressful for you.

5. Steve you mentioned Cake Mania 3 in your review you had to tap around to pan around the screen. Is that in all the levels? And how bad or not bad is it? I can't remember which one was like that on DS but it was kinda a pain in the butt. Some interpret it as an extra challenge while others say it's just cuz they couldn't squeeze everything they wanted to on the screen maybe perhaps due to the original ratio of game and the porting nature of it.

6. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    ok

should i get sneezies or payback??

;)

7. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

I've never played any of the time management games so I've decided to get CSF and Sally's Salon for now. Thank you.

8. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Good choice, the matching mini game in CSF looks like a lot of fun whenever I watch the girlfriend play it. ^ ^

The topic is two very similar games in the same category, you're joke would be better suited elsewhere. ^ ^

9. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    yes, i know

i probaly should have pulled it on myself when i compared real soccer to fantastic contraption............

10. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    How bout hell's kitchen?

11. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    chocolate shop down to 99c now

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    When I saw this I thought it was a new thread by her :eek:

13. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Chocolate shop vs Cake Mania? You must have been hungry when shopping for apps ;)

Did you ever end up with both and, if so, which is better?

14. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

You won't get a reply, that lady don't show up no more.

15. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I like them both, but the decision-making is much better in [app]Cake Mania 3[/app]; you get to choose which upgrades to buy when. It is also much more challenging than [app]Chocolate Shop Frenzy[/app], although CSF has better graphics. [app]Sally's Salon[/app] is awesome, but the pacing is off, as you will have everything upgraded half-way through the game. You should check out [app]Sally's Spa[/app] too, since you don't have to scroll the screen, like you do in Sally's Salon.