Chinese game is the #1 grossing game on AppStore ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zaraf, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #1 Zaraf, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    How or why is there some chinese tower defense game (that borrows heavily from kingdom rush) the #1 grossing game on the Canadian AppStore? I find it hard to believe that it's beating out Clash of Clans and Candy Crush. it is also very heavy on the Chinese in menus and such, so it's tough for someone who doesn't know Chinese to make their way through some of the menus.

Anyone know what's up?

Attached Files:

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Well, I don't want to jump to any conclusions, because the Chinese population in Canada is very high (~4.5% of the population of Canada), but I can't help but suspect it's a little of this.

3. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    But we're talking about spending money, right? The top grossing charts aren't just "free reviews" that can be farmed. It's actual money exchanging hands?

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yeah, but I think things like that can be gamed, too. If that's what they were doing, they'd get in a lot of trouble with Apple if they were caught, but that doesn't mean people won't try.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Haha! When I visited Vancouver it was like one giant china town. It was fantastic!