China vs USA - player data on a new game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, May 13, 2015.

1. iplayallday

iplayallday Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    What ads do you use in China?

2. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #22 1stSPIN, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Tencents

They pay me well let me be clear they pay my wife every month shortly after they send their report. They have a detailed real time per game online report. But to be able to collect you need a Chinese id and a Chinese bank account. For in app purchase type games you need to open a LTD company in China. A few years ago you needed to have a commercial address which means you need to rent a space and about 1,000,000 in your account but that could be resolve by using an agent which provides you with the amount to clear the government requirement then once you have the company it is some how returned to the lender. Today I am told it is different. A person does not have to jump through all the hops, you do not need the amount in your account and you don't need a commercial address you can use your residence but you have to be Chinese. The Chinese part may have a loop in it but I don't need it so I am not researching it. Also I am told by my team that Tencent takes out about 20% for tax once the payment amount is getting to be around 50,000 rmb a month. That amount I am not totally clear on. Have lived in Canada for a good part of my life I can say that deal with tax in China and in Hong Kong is like a pleasant walk in the park. They are very pro business and seem to have more pay as you do business tax and then leave you alone.

3. iplayallday

iplayallday Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    ah ic, i guess to distribute the game in china you really need a partner. It'll be hard for any foreign developer to just go there since there are tons of app store

4. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Being a foreigner (Russian / Canadian) in China for a number of years I found most businesses here require a foreign partner. Someone the government can get a hold of if there is a problem or if banking is required. But things are changing so you may find companies like Tencents allowing developers to bank outside of China. At present to do business here you need to be on a number of game servers and pull Tencents pushed ads. I did not handle that part, it was looked after by my friend /co producer who knows the in and outs of the business here and has a better handle on the business with Apple, Gooogle etc than I do.

For sure this market should not be ignored.