China App store report of December 2011

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by betterlee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. betterlee

betterlee Member

Jan 4, 2012
    hi, all developers. I just collected the data of last Decebmer and wrote a report for app store of China. The report give the information about the new released apps of Dec 2011 in China app store. Hope this report is useful for you. If you want to discuss anything, you can PM me. I hope I can make it as a monthly report.

The report is here.

2. StudioUFO

StudioUFO Well-Known Member

Do you have any sales data?

3. M@realobjects

M@realobjects Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Germany
    Your report says:

"In the Dec of 2011, there are 68020 new released apps in app store of China."

Does that figure include update releases or are this purely new apps? I can't believe that there were so many new releases in one month only. Figuring in the 17.30% games you mention, that would mean more than 11,000 NEW games in one month. :confused:

If that would be true, then Hungry Turtle will be our first and last game for iOS. No way in hell to survive in such a market.

4. #4 willzeng, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    It's already like hell nowadays. If there are no marketing campain (which probably costs highly) launched, there would be zero sales except in the first several days after you launched or updated your app. When no one can make basic sales without costly marketing, i.e., when it's all about marketing while nothing about the products, the marketing will lose its effectiveness sooner or later. In my opinion the individual iOS developer program is already a lie now. Sooner or later it might be revealed.

Apple changed the stragety so that once you updated your app, it will regain some exposure as newly released. Is it a way to hide the truth? Or every new app might be dead forever in just a few weeks. (However this change is also a poison since all apps are busy with updating and leave the window only a few days long.)

5. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Apple are not putting Updates in New Releases anymore. They stopped it several days ago.

6. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Aww...:(

7. bbegirl

bbegirl Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Thanks, what about alternative appstores in china? Apple isn't the only one there.

8. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France