iPad Chillingo's "The Quest"

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Azzie, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I'm posting to find out if anybody has made a walkthrough for the game! I love this rpg game but I'm stuck on some quests, can anybody help me? Perferably send these replies to my yahoo which is mohawk_215@yahoo.com only because I'm on this site with my touch! Thanks!

2. crishnak

crishnak Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Take a look at www.thequesthints.de . There is no full walkthrough but some useful tips. Which quests are you stuck on? Maybe I can help too...

3. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I

In the matras grave yardyou are supposed to find the source that has been infecting the air, I found it and it says to try to close of the tunnel but I don't see how! Sooo... How? Ha! And I can't figure out what the cracks in the ground are supposed to do! Thnx for helping!

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hint for closing/collapsing tunnel: Take a step back. You don't want to bring it down on yourself. Highlight to see spoiler if the hint doesn't help: Take a step back from the end of the tunnel and use your sword to attack. This will attack the walls and collapse the tunnel.

The cracks on the ground sometimes hold treasure. Just like the various barrels, etc. Though I must admit I haven't found any in a ground crack yet and have now given up looking...

5. yeah, that quest is pretty obscure

i <3 this game so much

i'm not going to get to finish it before coast guard bootcamp :[

6. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ok I take a step back from the bubbles and do what? Highlight something? Ok but how do I search the cracks in the ground?

7. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    That's awesome cause I'm going into the navy!

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    LOL So cute. No, highlight the entirety of his post. There's this text he wrote in gray, so it blends in with the background. Just highlight his entire post and you'll see the spoiler/hint.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Going into physics. Nice and safe in my lab ;)

10. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Does anyone know any gameplay videos of the quest. I really want to see the franerate in action besides that trailer that they made for the game.

11. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hid the answer. You need to highlight the text in my post to see the answer. I hid it so that a casual reader of the post wouldn't see the spoiler.

As far as searching the cracks in the ground you just touch them. A very few times I've had a window open like when you click on a barrel. So far I've found nothing in the cracks in the ground. After a while I gave up looking. It got to be so time consuming when I was wandering outside the first town that I gave up. Mind you I'm not far into the game yet so maybe there is a real treasure hidden in one later in the game.

12. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    i got sent to jail and i have no clue how to get out. I hav no lockpicks so am i just stuck here and i have to start a new game?

13. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    No. Walk up and down a little bit. After a short time passes you will be set free. You might be penalised some skill points/levels though. You will see a message when you are released from jail that tells you what penalty was applied in addition to the jail time.

14. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Alrte got it . Thanks man

15. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Oh.... But as I've said before, I'm using my touch for the Internet so I can't highlight any text!

16. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    OK so here is how to close the tunnel.

**** SPOILER ****

Take a step back from the end of the tunnel (where the bubbles are) and use your sword to attack. This will attack the walls and collapse the tunnel.

17. SurgE

SurgE Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Singapore
    shouldn't this thread be merged with the original thread about The Quest?

18. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Probably. It might have been left "unmerged" until now because it dealt with a specific questions the original poster had...

19. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    It's my fault, I figured that forum would be way too big for me to get help with one quest so I started another. My fault!

20. Azzie

Azzie Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ok this question is for everybody, at what level did you go pass the big wall to go to the other cities! Because I'm level 12 and I still get raped going over!