Chillingo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ianlow32, Feb 26, 2009.

1. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    All I have to say about Chillingo is this:

They used to suck, but now they're awesome. I love iDracula and right now I'm considering Dungeon&Hero. If Chillingo is reading this right now (they probably are), keep up the good work. I can't wait for all those games you announced at the GDC.

3. psionic

psionic Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Perhaps. I suppose it all ends up at the point you made before.. that being that the iPod Touch 1st gen device is the only one that doesn't have speaker support whatsoever.

I suspect that the 3.0 sdk will widen that a fair bit (sorry, under confidential mode right now for the exact specs) for making the iPod Touch 1st gen device a whole lot more costly to develop for. Slower, no speaker, no bluetooth. ~ 3-4 million devices, less than 25% of the current market, and constantly shrinking at that. Also, iPhone OS 3.0 costs another $10 right off the top.

Additionally, and this is a huge point.. the LION batteries on ALL the 1st gen devices are over a year old now. They have 3 years, from date of manufacture, before they are seriously unable to hold a charge. Anyone that has a 1st gen device that still wishes to utilize the platform properly WILL be upgrading in the next year.