Chief Puzzle Officer - Real-Time Multiplayer Match-3 RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tanshui, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I'd like to help out.

2. Gumshoe

Gumshoe Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Count me in too.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm in... iPhone 7 and iPad Pro.

4. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    PM'd all the latest batch of recruits.

Thank you all so much for your eagerness to help - <3 the community!

Our team is super motivated, and with your feedback and help I'm sure we can deliver :)

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Too late to join?

6. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    #66 Tanshui, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Of course not, and never too late for The First Victim :)

PMing ya!

Edit: I keep forgetting I'm supposed to say BRAVE SOUL!

7. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I'm in to beta test!

8. jaceaf

jaceaf New Member

Nov 12, 2016
    can i join too?

I'd like to do some beta testing!

9. Moonyboy99

Moonyboy99 Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    I'd love to beta. I'm a huge fan of interesting m3 games

10. _hnng_

_hnng_ Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2016
  11. floob

floob Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I would test as well

12. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I would like to join beta as well, if you still jave slots. Thanks in advance

13. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Ok, got everyone who posted so far.

That's about 30 or so people who posted since yesterday - wow!! You know what else is 30? The size of a MegaCorp in Chief Puzzle Officer!

MegaCorp Wars (Guild Wars) won't be available right on the 15th. In fact most MegaCorp functions (except using MegaCorp Cards in your decks) will be disabled for the first few days while we let things shake out a bit.

So in the meanwhile - here's a look at Alpha's MegaCorp War Overview screen and some explanation of mechanics.

[​IMG]

MegaCorp War Window

Each day MegaCorp Wars is open twice a day, for 30 minutes at a time, where players can do battle.

MegaCorp Battle Mechanics

2 teams of 3 players each race across multiple boards to collect 5 keys first (random spawn on tiles). Whichever team reaches 5 keys first gets 15 seconds to beat on the other side's Bank Vault and then the key-hunting resumes. First to break open the other side's vault wins the match and results in ranking points for the MegaCorp.

Starting & Joining MegaCorp Battles

Each player can use their own deck 5 times a day for MegaCorp Battle. This includes starting a new party or joining a not-yet-matched party using that player's own deck.

Each day 5 members is randomly chosen as reinforcements for the entire MegaCorp. During party formation, if the party leader does not want to wait anymore the party can go straight into matchmaking using random reinforcements to fill in open slots.

After a battle starts, any human player can jump into the game and take over for reinforcements without counting against the daily limit. The human player will be playing the reinforcement's deck in exact. It's a good way to try out completely different style decks without having to acquire or level them!

Reinforcements also will form their own parties and be matched up with a Rival guild's reinforcement party. If no humans jump in then the AIs duke it out. But these matches are worth double the points so they are the key to your MegaCorp climbing the rankings!

Rivals

Rivals are set each day. Whenever possible, you will first be matched up with an opposing party from a Rival.

During Regular Season, Rivals are MegaCorps ranked near you on the points ladder.

During Tournaments, Rivals are MegaCorps in your current bracket.

Regular Season & Tournaments

During Regular Season - MegaCorps earn a reward at the end of the week based on their ranking, which is determined by the total amount of points earned during the week.

During Tournaments - each day MegaCorps are separated into brackets. A predetermined number of slots from each bracket move on to the next day's winners brackets, while the defeated MegaCorps fight to get another chance to join the winners. Brackets get smaller and smaller, and the final position at the end of Day 7 determines your rewards.

In Alpha, it was clear that MegaCorps favored shutting down Rivals more than picking on random non-Rivals in the public queue. After all, in Tournaments you only need to score higher than Rivals....

You can read more about each of the functions in the in-game Help Guide, which unfortunately also won't be there on Nov 15th. :)

Hope you're as excited about MegaCorp Wars as we are!!

14. bluermlou

bluermlou Active Member

Jan 12, 2011
    If slots are left would love to join the beta!

15. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Haha thanks!

16. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    Here is the next beta test.. ;)

My last beta test activity is a few weeks back.
    So I like to be at your disposal. Use an iPad Air 2, currently iOS 10.0.2 is installed.

17. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    In for beta!

18. azu7

azu7 Member

May 28, 2015
    Developer
    Vietnam
    would love a ticket for the beta.

19. Fordham

Fordham New Member