Chief Puzzle Officer - Real-Time Multiplayer Match-3 RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tanshui, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Here you go - enjoy! :)

First, let's introduce a couple Villians in the Story. This guy (Aidan) and this gal (Chantal) will be getting in your way. Many times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also let's take a look at some of the regular staff/item cards in the game. Here is a Circus Master.

[​IMG]

And here's a Stylist!

[​IMG]

2. Kalaxx

Kalaxx Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Andromeda
    If you guys still need victims I mean testers count me in as well !

3. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Thanks - more victims testers always welcomed! :)

We are going to put a beta signup page up in about a week, and accept first X for closed beta testing, but will ensure everyone here gets in.

Working really hard to make the closed beta something we can do at the end of this month, but it might be first week of October. We'll see - everyone at our studio is doing their best!

4. CrashingBore

CrashingBore Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Germany
    i would give my right arm to be your beta test lab rat. looks stunning!

5. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    We'll pass on the right arm - but consider yourself a beta test lab rat!

Thank you for the kind words :)

6. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Some story snippets from Chapter 1!

The KING! There's a KING?

[​IMG]

Marcus... you rascal!

[​IMG]

7. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    NEW WAY TO DISPLAY ITEMS

After much feedback over the last week - we have decided to move away from using character portraits to show items on the board. Instead, we are going to use big broad category of icons to show what the special items will do (damage, buffs, debuffs, healing, etc.), and leave portraits on the board for only player/enemy avatar tokens to make them pop out a bit more.

What do you think? Check out the GIF link below!

https://goo.gl/EDvWlu

8. ESPUMA

ESPUMA New Member

Sep 11, 2016
    I feel like this looks way, way cleaner! nicee!!

9. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Thanks! We been hard at work and hoping to be able to let the first wave of beta testers on in 3 weeks (don't quote me on the time, yikes!). As soon as that is concrete, will start reaching out with TestFlight/APK/Beta Signup Info. :)

The core game play is pretty smooth right now - way easier to find matches with the new tile/item display. Just a lot of visual polish work that needs to be done over the next 3 weeks, and content tuning.

We had an internal 3v3 Guild Battle testing last week. It was quite a bit of fun, and will be the defining feature to test for closed beta (and for those that didn't play Alpha, of course the 4P Co-Op will be there to play too).

10. Katixxia

Katixxia New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Testing Soon!

Hey all!

I'm on the DuoFun team and wanted to let y'all know that we will be testing our mobile build very soon! If you're interested in Chief Puzzle Officer, let us know!!

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm confused about the meaning of "real time" here. Is the game actually played on real-time making moves as fast as you like (Bejeweled Blitz) or is this referring to having multiple players participating synchronously? If it is the latter, you might want to change that description.

12. Katixxia

Katixxia New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    The game is in real time, multiple players are participating at the same time. Players have cooldown timers on things like swap moves, or using active abilities. In game effects may stun or speed up a player's ability to make moves as well. There's a "Turbo Meter" that your team can fill by making chains, and when that is triggered you can match as fast as you want.

The restrictions to "real time" in Chief Puzzle Officer are cooldown based, not turn-based.

13. Sterlix

Sterlix Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Are you still looking for testers?

If you are, I'd like to be one. Otherwise, I'll simply wait for the game to release.

Nice concept by the way.

14. kbirch

kbirch Active Member

Oct 7, 2016
    I would like to test also!

15. Katixxia

Katixxia New Member

Sep 29, 2016

Good to hear you two are interested! I'll message you both to get your email so we can let you know when we're ready to test.

16. Katixxia

Katixxia New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Stay tuned as we get closer to closed beta! We have some fun changes in the works.

17. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I would love to help out with the beta if you still have spots available. Thx in advance!

18. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    #38 Tanshui, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Hi Folks!

After much waiting and one tiny tiny design change (ok, a major one), Chief Puzzle Officer is finally ready to go into beta on November 15th!

We really want to thank you for your patience and support throughout this time.

We'll start adding the folks we have email addresses from earlier this thread into Testflight this weekend.

If anyone else wants to join our beta - please post here and we'll get ya in!

Updated Trailer (WIP for a couple more days tweaking things like music)

19. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Updated with official pre-registration trailer! :) If we've haven't collected your apple ID email for TestFlight, please post here again and/or PM me, and we'll be sure to get you added this weekend for Nov 15th Beta!

20. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Pre-Registration officially starts Nov 15th! (when the page will look a bit nicer).

But sign-up now and we'll get you in the Beta also happening Nov 15th!

[​IMG]