Universal Chief Puzzle Officer (by Duofun Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Feb 22, 2017.

1. BobLobla

BobLobla Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Make sure you grind til this guy drops. Amazing card. Can drop from any level but obviously higher chance the harder the difficulty.

2. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    #62 Ikeda, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Ok. V Freya (2nd? Maybe 3rd game this morning) I think it was by the 3rd board switch. 3 AI counterparts. Complete freeze. 935AM EST. Hope that helps as an example. Not sure what the heck.

Also, why can't 5* Sgt Gray be upgraded from lvl 1? The game is providing no indication why.

3. Para_Digm

Para_Digm Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Community Manager
    Canada
    Bob is right great card!
    This will prove to be the trend as well. We will continue to have event exclusive cards that can really pull their weight.

Thanks for the great feedback lkeda,
    This sounds like one of the battle bugs we have had show itself. Good news is the devs found the fix and it is in the update that we have already sent into apple for approval. I will pass your info along just in case there are other errors that happened at the same time.

As far as the card levelling, We are currently doing a tweak on the cost of levelling guild cards (assuming you are referring to a guild card) . The price to purchase will not change, but the cost to level it will be going down. May be a good idea to wait to save some money ;) Also right now it is hard to tell what cards in your inventory are yours and which are the guilds. Only guild leaders and admin are able to level guild cards, so you may not see a button for this reason. We will be adding a gold border to guild cards to make it much easier to distinguish between the two.

Does that help?

4. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Ikeda, that's our guild card. I bought it for 60k, expecting to invest in a nice damage-only five-star for everyone to use, but right now the upgrade costs make it unmanageable. We'll bounce it up to a better level when the upgrade costs go down.

If you're a member of Toucharcadia, do join us for the boardroom battles at 11:00PST/2:00 EST and 5:00 PST/8:00 EST! They're my favorite part of the game. =D

5. Para_Digm

Nov 11, 2016
    Community Manager
    Canada
    Yeah we noticed that the cost wasn't where it should be. Save up and you'll be able to upgrade it in no time!

6. pell

pell Member

Jun 12, 2011
    More feedback:

There is something up with event scoring. A few times, my score has doubled and the rewards for hitting that score have appeared in my inventory instead of my inbox. Then, after a match or two, the score goes back to normal. If I then hit a prize level that I previously hit with the erroneous double score, I get that reward again sent to my inbox.

There are still some bizarre behaviors when making matches. I've had multiple instances of moving just for the move to not take (the tiles just move back to their previous position). Sometimes I just have to make the same move again, and sometimes I have to move a different tile to make the match.

Sometimes, I can't move any tiles. The only fix I've found so far is to force quit the game and then restart.

Also, there are matches that I start, it loads for a very long time, the screen fades to black, and then Im presented with a victory screen and payout.

Lastly, and something I've brought up before, the lack of easily achievable EX cards is amazingly frustrating. I've gone through 25-30 gatcha pulls, and haven't found a single one. I understand that the top players may be F2P or have purchased little, but Im sure they've had the luck to pull another EX card. Spending money and still be limited to two EX cards on my team would be infuriating. Sure, there may be guild purchases to offset that, but a player should be able to be self-sufficient to an extent. Come end-game, I would assume it would take a whole guild to be successful. Early to mid-game, this should not be the case at all.

7. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Thanks for continuing to give great feedback!

1) Event Scoring is a known issue - a client display bug. If you log out and in you will always see the correct score. The display might show a checkmark like it's already sent, but you won't actually get it until you cross the true point threshold server side. We are 99% sure of this but I just added one more check tonight and will report if there is any irregularity. [we will not be able to fix this until the update after the current one that's waiting to be approved by Apple]. Sorry about the inconvenience ;(

2) quite a few players identified this and thanks to you guys we found an error, or rather a bad design decision on our part. What's going on is that there is a 1 second 'I am making a swap' statement server side. So if you happen to match at the same second as another player - the 2nd guy gets bounced back. This was deeply rooted from back when we had every player play on one big board together. We will immediately start tinkering with this on Monday, first dropping the window down to .5s and making sure nothing weird goes on and also see what the player experience is, and may be able to drop it down to .25s which will all but effectively ensure this goes away. This is a server side hotfix that will not require a new build - we just have to make sure we don't break anything in the process.

3+4) Both of these are part of client-side multiplayer join bugs that is fixed in the build that we've submitted to Apple. it's technically just a display bug (as you pointed out you are still in the party and just chilling there waiting for it to end). But it makes it so you can't play so it may as well be a crash. Confident that it's resolved... just waiting for Apple to let us push it to the AppStore.

On the subject of easily obtainable Ex cards

I hear you loud and clear and I fully agree.

Event 4, Stand Your Ground, has a 10000 point event reward Chief Robotics Officer.

We've held off the rotation for the Guild Member Shop (salary) but currently discussing if we want that to start rotating, the next 'big card' after Mint is an Executive Card.

And we're also thinking about if we want to just give out another Executive Card to everyone just so that no one will possibly bottlenecked at level 15 to open up 3 lanes, and then as they acquire more Ex cards then they open up more playstyles.

Sorry that this issue has taken a slight backseat because of our bug fixing efforts. But again, I whole-heartedly agree with you and will discuss with our design team tonight.

8. pell

pell Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I think giving everyone a 3rd EX card at level 15 would be a good start.

From my perspective as a gamer, I expect that if I'm not paying, I should still be able to experience all of the mechanics of the game. Then if I pay, I should become more powerful and be able to dive deeper into the mechanics. For games that contain PvP, my expectation is that every match should be like a Rocky movie when comparing paid vs F2P. The F2P player should still be able to put up a good fight, but in the end the paid player is the clear winner (excluding the fraction of a percent of players that spend exponentially more money than average where the whole match is fairly one-sided).

My thoughts for this game would be for a F2P player to easily get to 3 EX cards, and then after awhile get a 4th. With the 4th card, the F2P player can then experience the mechanics of building a team that doesn't have a complete lane. At that point, the player can decide whether or not the game is worth sticking with and make the decision to invest money (and get that 5th slot opened up).

Also just thinking about it with basic math, if I'm stuck with two EX cards, I'm running at 40% of capacity. That third EX ups my power by 50%. The forth ups it by another 33%. At that point, Im running at 80%. If you convert that all to a school grading scale, I'm failing up to the 4 EX card team.

Personally, that's how I decide if Im going to throw money at a game. If I see a hard paywall or the endless treadmill of throwing down money to even be close to successful, I back away. But, on games where I feel like progress is continuously being made, I'm cool with spending cash (and typically like subscription based IAP for these games). I play a few games where I spend money month after month because progression is easily visible within small time increments.

Sorry if I keep bringing this up, but I wanted to explain my thought process instead of just complaining that I'm not getting what I want.

9. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Makes sense. and again, philosophically fully agree. I went back to see where we went wrong on creating, accidentally or not, a paywall via the 3rd executive. One of our team members reminded me that we used to give out an Executive for the "Reach Level 5" Task, to make sure people had variety to choose from in the beginning and also to not bottleneck at Level 15. Long story short, giving out a card in Tasks broke the game. took out as a quick fix, and simply forgot to make up for it elsewhere. Our bad on dropping the ball on this.

By that same logic - we can not give a card for the 'Reach Level 15" Task. But I'm sure we'll quickly figure out a way how to accomplish the same thing.

One quick note though - I didn't really follow the math on the deck (I'm not very good at math so this could definitely be my misunderstanding).

But ignoring stats that comes from player level for now - the way we designed the deck building component - the 3rd executive puts you at 90% of effective power. the 4th lane adds 10% raw stats power (10th card), but opens up versatility for deck design. and 5th lane is purely versatility as the max staff card you can have is 10, the max use of Executives in a battle is still 3 (2 for PvP). It just gives you more choices for design and usage in battle.

Also, the 5th executive slot doesn't cost anything to open per se, you just need to be level 35 and well, have 5 executives. 35 takes a while to get to - we don't have any data to back this up of course, but the theory was that by level 35 you should have earned another executive or two or 10 by any combination of guild/event/member shop/giveaways/etc.

So this is designed to make sure that people can be useful/competitive pretty early out of the gate, regardless if they spent or not. Yes, spenders can accelerate. Will have some more card levels faster (but still gated by Medals so they have to work hard too). But we designed the game for disparity between free vs light spender vs heavy spender to be one where power gap is much much smaller than your typical game. It means we're not going to have people coming in and drop $2000 (unless they spend out of drive to collect them all - I'm strictly talking from power perspective here). We understand that and accepted that trade-off.

We designed this game so that it is possible for F2P to be competitive. That doesn't mean every F2P will be competitive - for example if someone doesn't do dailies, doesn't participate in events, don't join a guild, is super bad at matching, and has horrible Gacha luck - that is not and can not be a competitive F2P player. This is an exaggeration of course, but we are committed to baselining power around the free player and light spender.

So I think it's really we just goofed up when it comes to that third executive... I don't mean to try to sound defensive on our game design or anything, I'm just trying to explain from an intent perspective, we were trying to achieve what you're describing in terms of F2P vs Spenders - probably even more F2P-friendly than you were expecting.

We'll figure something out by tomorrow - stay tuned!

10. pell

pell Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't think you're sounding defensive at all. To me, it sounds like we are both providing clarity into our respective thoughts.

The math thing I posted isn't accurate at all. It's a perspective thing. You can have a total of 5 executives. So, 2 out of 5 is 40%, so the third is 50% higher at 60%. The math was done completely ignoring the cards associated with the EX. Yes, it's bad math, but I'm trying to give objective values to a subjective view.

I also completely agree that a F2P player that doesn't put in time should reap the same rewards as a F2P player that religiously does their dailies and event quests. As for gatcha luck, one thing I've seen that I like is a pity system where you get a top tier reward after some number of unlucky draws.

Also, I agree with not just having an EX magically appear at level 15. But maybe something like a one-time event quest chain open up that rewards the third EX. It feels good to know that you earned something that has the ability to dramatically change the game.

11. Rislyn

Rislyn New Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Thanks so much for the clarification on Executive cards and how they play.

I've been having so much fun with the game - but I have to say the crash bugs in Multiplayer are starting to get to me. Do you guys have a timeline for when you'll get those fixed?? Thanks!!

12. Tanshui

May 8, 2015
    Executive Card weee

hey guys

we've made a decision to give out an Executive Card to every player when the next update is approved by Apple (hopefully that's today).

part of the reason is simply because we don't have the ability to give an exec card out as a task reward, or as pell suggested I think the best way would have to open up a separate Task (Quest Chain) to earn that card as the reward.

another is because it really has been a rocky launch so.. thanks for hanging in there :)

eventually when we figure out a more elegant way but for now it's going to be that.

also, we're looking into why guild war points and rewards didn't behave as intended last night.

but TouchArcadia sure has been pretty active :)

We will also be starting our ad campaigns again as soon as Apple approves this update. Expect more players soon!

13. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Not to poo all over this idea, but rather than just "give" them away, what about just making a "low hanging" fruit on a quest. I didn't score enough for Valentina(?) due to personal stuff but that could alternately be an option. And if we're worried about power issues then just make them be the crummiest possible 3rd slot so everyone wants to replace them :)

14. Para_Digm

Nov 11, 2016
    Community Manager
    Canada
    Those pesky bugs... I agree with you they keep showing up good thing is we have already submitted a update to squash them. Just waiting on approval once again! We will kee everyone informed as soon as we get approval and when to keep an eye on the stores!
    Cheers

15. Rislyn

Rislyn New Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Thanks for the update, Para_Digm! I look forward to a non-crashy update!! Go go go APPLE!

16. BobLobla

BobLobla Member

Feb 25, 2017
    If I haven't completely misunderstood the next event, there is a low hanging fruit one in it. The 10k reward will be the Chief Robotics Officer, and I believe that event starts today. :)

17. Para_Digm

Nov 11, 2016
    Community Manager
    Canada
    Haha, No worries. Thats the chant!

Thats correct! Drop chance to obtain Rayne, 5k reward will be Mellie and 10k no other than Chief Robotics Officer.

18. rune42

rune42 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    10k reward looks like 2xp potions to me.

19. pell

pell Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm showing 7.5k for Mellie and 10k for 30k gold.

[​IMG]

20. pell

pell Member

Jun 12, 2011
    And a 10+1 draw that looks like this is depressing. :(

[​IMG]