iPad Chewie Chu-Throw That Crazy Worm

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by THE STUD, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Grab hold of Chewie Chu and throw yourself into the fun!

Help Chewie Chu find his way to the underground escape by propelling him from one colored stone to another. During this perilous journey feast on delicious golden flies, become friends with a green goldfish who will cover you in his special sticky slime and avoid at all cost dangerous foes such as the pink giant mosquito. Chewie Chu is the most addictive game to land on your iPhone. You will be throwing this crazy worm around for hours!

 Touch and drag to throw Chewie Chu towards the closest hold and stay away from spikes and enemies
     Each new level will provide a surprising and different challenge requiring an acute sense of strategy: use the moving platforms to your advantage, get swallowed by the green fish so he will propel you on to a hold, stay away from the stinging bees, etc…
     Each level lasts less than two minutes: perfect for on the go gaming
     Cute graphics and endearing characters
     Share your scores with the world!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Now I know I've played a game like this before, probably in Flash, only it was about reaching a goal and avoiding bombs and disappearing pegs and stuff. Damned if I can remember the name though.

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    It looks like that one by eZone

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
  7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Weird that they took so long porting it that the clone came out first. :p

8. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yeah LOL. But why not. I'm downloading it. Impressions in a sec.

9. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    First Impressions

First impressions are good. The game is actually fun and not a bad clone as I had first thought. The controls of the game are simple. You must sling the crazy worm onto the rocks. He will grab onto each rock. You must grab onto each rock in the level to unlock the exit. The physics are realistic. As you progress though the level more elements start to appear (such as spikey rocks and obstacles). The game also comes with a nice little soundtrack and sound fx. Anyways just quick first impressions. If you want a idea of what the game is like try the original version out (this is a clone).

http://www.ezone.com/games/sling/gamecode.htm

10. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Impressions

Geez. Internet has been coming on and off. :( OK so here are some full impressions.

The game involves you being a worm. The worm has a (arm?) that grabs onto rocks. So the levels involve you dragging the worm around for him to bounce around, or slingshot him onto rocks. By using the rocks you go to the exit. But, the exit is hidden. So for you to see the exit, the worm must grab onto each rock in the level. Then the exit becomes visible. The exit itself is a sorta rock on which you must grab onto. Grab it and you move onto the level.

The game itself does go deeper however. The worm has 5 hearts. As you progress though levels one of the things you encounter are spikes and monster (err.....flies so far). You will also stomple upon green slime on the rocks which will make you slip. As you progress deeper and deeper though the levels, you will have to grab onto things such as switches and levers to continue though the level. Oh and don't forget the moving wooden planks. Theres also the spikey rocks. Grab onto these while the spikes go away eh ;). Some levels have delicious golden flies you must eat to finish the level. The more you progress into the levels the more you will find. Sad to admit but I'm still in the first 15-20 levels. Each level is completly different from the past one, and involves new challenges. You also must use the wooden planks to bounce off to reach some rocks.

The game comes with a little looping track which fits the game nicely. Also comes complete with sound fx. As you progress though the levels, depending on how long you took, if your health got affected (and how much), you get a score for all the levels together. You can submit these scores to the online scoreboard if you wish. A important factor of a game like this are the physics. In this game at least the physics feel just right and realistic. I'm unsure on the amount of levels right now. But it seems to have a fair amount of levels so far. This is a great pick-up and play game and at $.99 I'd say thumbs up.

11. r2v4n

r2v4n Member

May 29, 2009
    Nice game,really nice physic. Playing about 4 hours, but still at 23 level :(
    but will make it ;)