Chess Battle - Online synchronous chess-like faction-based game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Felipe MGaia, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Felipe MGaia

Felipe MGaia Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Hey everyone,

So this is Chess Battle (placeholder name... or maybe not?), an online synchronous chess-like game.

[​IMG]

It's got a double dose of synchronous, actually: synchronous online matches and synchronous turns.

Besides that, the board is also smaller than a regular chess one, and pieces have a cooldown after they move. All these small changes have a surprisingly big impact in the overall dynamic of chess.

That's all the game is at this point, and you can play it (against our stupid AI only) in the following link. I can get anyone interested an apk for the android version where you can play online against someone. (still no iOS, but we'll get there soon. Sorry!)

PLAY IT ON YOUR BROWSER HERE

Our next plan is to add different factions (piece sets) with slightly different mechanics - pieces in the Ghost Army, for instance, become ethereal when in cooldown and get invulnerable and you can move past them. The idea is that all factions will be balanced between themselves and you can choose your favorite one. We'll probably make the game f2p and implement a system similar do how LOL works to test/unlock these new factions.

That's it for now, hoping to get some feedback from you guys! If you're a more advanced chess player, btw, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the game - even if it's "I hate what you guys are doing with my game!!1!" :rolleyes:

2. RunnyBagel

RunnyBagel Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Game looks good ###

3. DiscGolf2Go

DiscGolf2Go Well-Known Member

What a cool idea! I tried the demo, my brain hurts, but in a good way. It's a whole new way to play chess.