Universal Chel-Z (by Joshua Hale)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DJEmergency, Feb 23, 2016.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ok. I'm with it. And your hotfix worked beautifully. All is working correctly on my end. Thanks

2. KevinMatchstick

KevinMatchstick New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Boss Fight

Really enjoyed playing the game. During my first attempt after reaching the final boss my hover car disappeared off the right side of the screen and the game got stuck with boxes hitting the boss. The game would not end and i could not get my hover car back on screen. I'm using iPhone 6S Plus with latest ios version (non-jailbroken). I reset the game and was able to finish normally.

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I have an iPad mini 4 running latest version of IOS 9 and I'm also having the black screen problem

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just wanted to update that the black screen problem returned after closing the app and trying to come back to it, just like Handofgod mentioned. Hopefully you're able to sort it out soon, this game is rad!

5. DJEmergency

DJEmergency Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    The update is on it's way :)

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    This was a neat little game. I enjoyed the chiptunes and 8-bit aesthetic and, to be honest, it was nice playing something I could wrap up in a couple of hours. I drove myself slightly mad trying to jump on the platforms across the waterfalls until I realised it was impossible without later equipment (the grappling hook).

Reminds me somewhat of Tiny Danergous Dungeons, which I'd very much recommend to anyone who liked Chel-Z.

7. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Thank you all for the awesome feedback! The black screen issue is still in review with Apple so hopefully it goes live any day now.

8. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    The update is out! This should finally put the final nail in the coffin for the black screen :)

9. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm going to wait until there is an ability to shrink the controls on the iPad. Especially on the left. I don't want to give myself tendinitis playing this.

10. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Thank you all for enjoying Chel-Z with ad support! We have made a couple of changes and the list of fixes are as follows:

- Ads have been completely removed
    - MFi gamepad support
    - Touch controls have been recoded from scratch.
    - Player can no longer travel off to the right in the boss fight.
    - Add more sound effects to the game.
    - Fixed a few more bugs.

Next update will allow you to modify the touch controls to your liking for now if you don't like the touch controls you are more than welcome to use a MFi gamepad to play.

If you run into any other problems please let me know so I can work on them.

11. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    On the iPad Air 2 the resolution is out of whack as now the controls are halfway off the edge of each side of the screen. They are also still monstrous on the iPad.
    Plus you can't even try the mifi as there is no support for it unless you spring the full five bucks for the game. A game that still doesn't run properly on a recent ipad.

I think I'm done waiting on this one to fully cook. For me it's in worse shape now than originally.

12. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    I don't have an iPad to test this on. Please send me a message so I can add you to the beta team. Thank you.

13. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    #93 DJEmergency, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Listen guys. Please be patient with me. I'm basically a one man team doing all the bug fixes. Yea sure there was other guys that helped with the project but they didn't put much effort into it. I'm trying to please everybody I can. As for the reason I removed ads was because all income stopped and I don't have much income as it is... People were blocking them in some way or using a cracked version. It took me about 7-8 months to complete this project... My goal is to make a living off making some good games people can enjoy. The more feedback the better, but just don't be so negative to write it off yet...

14. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Ok I just uploaded the fix for the scaling issue on iPads. It's back to where it was.. I forgot to change the option back within my IDE. So you should have it in a few days. Sorry about that...

15. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    This is unplayable on my iPad mini 2. Only buttons on the screen and the dpad's up and right parts. The left is barely notieceable so its very difficult to travel left. Also no A or B buttons

16. KevinMatchstick

KevinMatchstick New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    FYI. My save game seems to be corrupt. When I select "continue" the final red door screen comes up with music and animation but I can't see my character anywhere and the pause button depresses but does nothing. Not a big deal as I already finished the game (and really enjoyed it). Just wanted to let you know.

17. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Thanks for the feedback Drexiel The iPad scaling will be out in a few days. I just uploaded the new version to the app store. As for the A and B buttons they will appear as you progress through the game and pick up items.

Thank you also for the feedback. This corrupt save has to do with the IDE I'm using. I'll have to contact the support team to figure out what's the problem. The pause takes a moment to work, because it's loading stuff out of memory.

18. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    iPad users can now play the game. Its been fixed and updated. Enjoy.

19. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I've had this game installed for a while now waiting for MFi support. Even though it's been updated to include it, I can't get my MadCatz C.T.R.L.i to control work with it. It's working fine with other games so I don't believe it's an issue on my end. Thanks for all your work on the game.

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    It's unfortunate you are not making money from the game. It's a damn good game. I paid the first day it was released and have no regrets.

I also get what you are saying about being a one man team.

You have an awesome game. You are a good dev. You are the type of dev I spend my money on.

Billy