iPad Chefs Attack (+promo codes!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kusanagi, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Kusanagi

Kusanagi Well-Known Member

#1 Kusanagi, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010

Chefs Attack

Apptilt.com: "I absolutely love it when I boot up a game and am genuinely, pleasantly surprised. This is what happe…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Apptilt.com: "I absolutely love it when I boot up a game and am genuinely, pleasantly surprised. This is what happened after I downloaded ‘Chefs Attack’".

Note: this game has not been updated since 2010. However, if you have an older device (iPhone 3 or 3S) it works fine. Might crash sometimes on newer devices.

Remember those good old times where games were just fun? Well, these Chefs sure do and they're getting you back into a modern-retro puzzle game!

Chefs Attack is a hectic, addictive puzzle game in which you need to put items of the same kind on top of eachother to get higher and higher scores. To do this, a team of Chefs is ready to help you switch items around in any way you please, to prepare for the next wave of falling items. Just go ahead and poke 'em; they switch those items around before you can say “RECIPE!”!

Ah! About those recipes! They sure make things a bit more interesting! Items consist of food and drinks which can be either cold or warm. The temperature of the food and drinks also influences other items: a cold item on top of a warm one will melt away after 10 seconds and a real master chef won't let that happen, 'cause your points will be reduced; be careful! (On the other hand: sometimes it's pretty useful to get rid of some unwanted items ;))

Try and get the right order of food and drinks on top of a tray, close it off with a lid and voila: you get a Recipe which gives you a HUGE bonus score! Making Recipes is the way to go and you won't be able to beat those High Scores without 'em!

Crazily addictive!

Key features:
    – Clean and crisp 2D graphics!
    - Easy touchscreen controls!
    - A crazy addictive way of playing a puzzle game!
    - 2 different game types with different rules for each!
    - High scores with offline and online leaderboards through Openfeint!
    - 22 Achievements to unlock!
    - Funky soundtrack and soundeffects!

WHITE SCREEN? Please restart your device after install and the game should work.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Kids, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 16, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

The press release which we sent around:

CHEFS ATTACK for iPHONE/ iPOD TOUCH!

Leeuwarden, the Netherlands – 15th of October 2010:
    Dutch developer Phure Studios is proud to announce Chefs Attack; a crazy addictive puzzle game where you have to guide a team of Chefs in capturing and switching items which can be used for delicious High Scores!

About Chefs Attack: Remember those good old times where games were just fun? Well, these Chefs sure do and they're getting you back into a modern-retro puzzle game!

Chefs Attack is a hectic, addictive puzzle game in which you need to put items of the same kind on top of eachother to get higher and higher scores. To do this, a team of Chefs is ready to help you switch items around in any way you please, to prepare for the next wave of falling items. Just go ahead and poke 'em; they switch those items around before you can say “RECIPE!”!

Ah! About those recipes! They sure make things a bit more interesting! Items consist of food and drinks which can be either cold or warm. The temperature of the food and drinks also influences other items: a cold item on top of a warm one will melt away after 10 seconds and a real master chef won't let that happen, 'cause your points will be reduced; be careful! (On the other hand: sometimes it's pretty useful to get rid of some unwanted items ;))

Try and get the right order of food and drinks on top of a tray, close it off with a lid and voila: you get a Recipe which gives you a HUGE bonus score! Making Recipes is the way to go and you won't be able to beat those High Scores without 'em!

Crazily addictive!

Key features:

Chefs Attack will be available on the App Store world wide on the 16th of October, 2010 for €0,79 and $0,99 respectively! Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLA8Hbd89r8
    For screenshots and more information, please visit: http://www.phurestudios.com

About Phure Studios:
    Phure Studios is a Games Design and Development company and is located in The Netherlands, founded in 2009 and have eyes set on pure fun! Phure Studios develops applications for Apple’s iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

Trailer:
    [HQYOUTUBE]VLA8Hbd89r8[/HQYOUTUBE]
    Please share if you took a promo code successfully!

Promo codes:

LM4PE3HTHXLE
    PTM7NANJWKEE
    TWER7LRFY7N6
    AKEY7R7L3A7Y
    HF9TWT7LPTPN

As a little surprise: I WILL BE ONLINE AT A RANDOM TIME TO POST MORE PROMO CODES A FEW MORE TIMES !

If you see me online on these forums RUSH towards this thread and try and get a promo code before someone else snags it away from you or you´ll have to wait for the next round of promo codes :p

2. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    All gone and 0 replies! :(

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Sorry was installing and all -- thanks for TWER7LRFY7N6

Didn't even realize it's an upcoming game!

4. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I like the look of this one, gameplay-wise.

5. Kusanagi

#5 Kusanagi, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    As always, here I am again at a random time with more promo codes! More promo codes? :D Yessss sirryyyyy!

Please, please, please; after you redeemed them, come back here and let us know you did so, so that other people know they don't have to try... be a gentleman :p

Here we go:

MRPLJJM9FWPE
    6XEY4EAKPX9J
    6NAJYPAJTX9T
    H4TR7X7EKAHX

And YES! I will be back at a random time with more promo codes :D keep your eyes out!

Tomorrow is the day Chef's Attack comes out, but the promo codes should already work now ;) Tell us what you think of the game!

And PLEASE; when the game's out, could you find some time to write a review? It would be MUCH appreciated!

6. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Thank you for 6XEY4EAKPX9J! :)

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    took 6NAJYPAJTX9T

thanks!

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Grabbed MRPLJJM9FWPE by camping the thread.

Thanks!

9. Kusanagi

I'll be back soon again with more promo codes :D

btw: a review from you guys tomorrow would be really appreciated!

10. Kusanagi

Chefs Attack is officially available on the App Store!

Chefs Attack

Apptilt.com: "I absolutely love it when I boot up a game and am genuinely, pleasantly surprised. This is what happe…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Apptilt.com: "I absolutely love it when I boot up a game and am genuinely, pleasantly surprised. This is what happened after I downloaded ‘Chefs Attack’".

Note: this game has not been updated since 2010. However, if you have an older device (iPhone 3 or 3S) it works fine. Might crash sometimes on newer devices.

Remember those good old times where games were just fun? Well, these Chefs sure do and they're getting you back into a modern-retro puzzle game!

Crazily addictive!

Key features:

WHITE SCREEN? Please restart your device after install and the game should work.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Kids, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 16, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

To celebrate, I'm back withhhhh... MORE PROMOCODES! :D

WTA39EKYRNEH
    9YEF99363YNH
    ERYE7NT3N4AW
    6AR7LALPRM6N

While you're at it, please write a review on the App Store! It would be much appreciated!!!

11. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Took 6AR7LALPRM6N, THANKS

12. Kusanagi

Were the other codes taken btw?

I hope so... :O Plz ppl, let us know if you successfully redeemed a promo code. It also speeds me up with posting more codes later on at a random time. Well here's me with more promo codes... More Promocodes? MORE PROMOCODES! :D

More promocodes:

AXLFWXJA7NH4
    KA6NY9KXE9TH
    K4F4NJN33P6E

Could you be kind enough to write a review on the App Store as well when you've played Chefs Attack? That would really be awesome! Thanks in advance!

For the ones who successfully redeemed codes: enjoy ^_^

13. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    took K4F4NJN33P6E. thanks, will review later.

14. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    Got AXLFWXJA7NH4, thanks!

15. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I was fortunate enough to get one of the codes and am having a blast with it!

It has a very fun retro vibe somehow combining elements of ancient classics like Hattris and Burger Time (with a tinge of Sky Burger).

As the dev stated himself, the game can be played at different levels. At its most basic it is all about getting a tray at the bottom of a tall stack of random food items and then topping the stack off with a cover. While this will score you some points, in order to get the big points you'll want to use some logic in the items you group. I mean even if you can't recall the exact recipe, salt and pepper don't usually mix well with ice cream!

Some side stuff worth noting:
    1) Try to avoid stacking red blocked items (hot) on blue blocked (cold) ones or you'll destroy the cold item and incur a 10 point penalty.
    2) If you drop a same type object ontop of another (like a salt shaker on a salt shaker), you'll eliminate both and score a point (so a nice way to fix a recipe you may have botched with a wrong ingridient).

Good original fun with a bit of a learning curve (this is how I like my puzzlers so it is a 5/5 IMHO, but if thinking of wider appeal it might be more of a 4/5 since this will not be for everyone).

16. Kusanagi

Thanks for that great review LordGek! :) Nice to hear you like it so much!

For others: as usual, I'm back at a random time with more.... PROMO CODES!!!

Get em while they're hot!

N9PHHFFTREFP
    ALELHHJRLLK9
    RFLPLNPR3ERH

Please write a review on the App Store as well! :) We love to hear what you think about Chefs Attack and it's a small thing to do for a free game, right? :D

17. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    I took ALELHHJRLLK9. Thanks!

18. KitKatBar

KitKatBar Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    RFLPLNPR3ERH Thanks!

19. player121

player121 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    downloading..

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    How is this? I'm thinking of picking it up.