Chef Wars - Food Discovery RPG by Mindcake Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MindCakeGames, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cokamouse

cokamouse Active Member

Oct 12, 2016
    iOS Game Reviewer & webdev
    Mississauga ONTARIO
    I am so excited and looking forward this one. It looks absolutely awesome.

2. momoking

momoking Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Yes! Lol
    Any news about beta test or release... Pls count me in if there is a test!:D

3. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
  4. lva

lva Active Member

May 25, 2017
    thats fun

5. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Hi, this looks like something I'd definitely be interested in. Are you still taking beta testers for iOS? I also sent a request to join the Facebook Group today.

6. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Yep, still taking in signups! We have yet to announce the beta formally, but it should happen towards mid- or end-August. In the meantime, following us in the Chef Wars community group or social media will keep you up to date!

Thanks so much! :)

7. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Hi guys! UPDATE: we've opened BETA SIGNUPs here: http://tinyurl.com/chefwarsbeta! Hurrah!

NOTES:
    • - The beta will start around mid-August! Follow us on FB, Twitter, or the Playtest group below for updates!
    • - For iOS, we'll be using Testflight. So that means progress and free purchases will be wiped before full release.
    • - For Android, we'll be using Google Play's Open Beta process, so if things go well, your progress will carry over to launch!

Thanks in advance for helping us find bugs!
    FB Playtest Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/chefwars/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mindcakegames/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/mindcakes

8. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Very cool! Just signed up for beta and am very excited for this to be available.

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds interesting, wondering how much like an rpg its going to be like. I always get irritated on games with storage space that's a worry here seeing that you travel collecting ingredients to make new recipes and with a limit on recipes I see?

It seems like the main game is in travelling and collecting ect and the battles are strategic decisions but then the more you have played travelling and discovering ect the more choice and easier it'll be?

Anyway I've signed up for the beta

10. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    it was a pleasure to meet you folks at Casual Connect. Best wishes for the launch!

11. lbsahm

lbsahm New Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Looking forward to what is shaping up to be one of this year's most original RPGS. I'm eagerly Awaiting the beta.

12. crumbsncarrots

crumbsncarrots New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Signed up for the beta, can't wait to play this game!!

13. lva

lva Active Member

May 25, 2017
    play on it now. relax and fun.maybe can change the cooking way like add pan、wok、oven(or automatically change base on the recipes)would be better.The radom events get myeyes on. Its interesting!

14. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Awww thanks to everyone who signed up for the beta! It's been a doozy adding folks and responding to the feedback so far! Very grateful and heartened by the enthusiasm!

Thanks so much for signing up for the beta! Ingredient storage space is unlimited. And that's correct, the more you travel, discover ingredients, and invent recipes, the more choices you have in battle. Theoretically it should get slightly easier but there may be more diverse battles up ahead too the more you grow in fame!

Thanks so much for playing and for the compliments!

Keep 'em coming guys! We're also responding actively on the Chef Wars FB Community group if you joined there!

15. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    This game is just up my street. I’m playing thhe beta! I darennt ‘buy’ gems tho! Just a few suggestions

* have a larger map so you can easily see where you have visited.
    * have the glow coming out of the market sacks match the colour of the rarity in it.
    * the option to click on an ingredient and see where to get it providing you have already discovered it.
    * guide the player slightly more in the early stages.

16. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Thanks so much for the comments and for helping test the beta Annii! These are good ones and we'll definitely look into it.

The option to click on an ingredient from the inventory and see where you have previously discovered it is already on our roadmap! And a lot more here: http://mindcakegames.com/chef-wars-beta/

Also, we pushed in an updated build to Testflight and Google Early Access (1.0.4) which hopefully improves some of the performance issues.

Just keep the comments coming!

17. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Hi guys! Pushed 1.0.5 today which fixes the Cheffy Awards crash and streamlines the registration/login/purchase flow for both iOS and Android!

We're now heading to more optimizations to make the game smoother / crash less, then some final convenience features before our soft launch!

Thanks to all the beta testers so far!

18. CoolDukeNukem

CoolDukeNukem Member

Aug 16, 2017
    The game sounds interesting and I like the art style. Sent an email to get iOS TestFlight access.

19. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Thanks so much for the compliment! Yeah, our artist really outdid herself! :)

We just pushed in an update (1.0.8) yesterday for the open beta, but it's for Android for now. We closed off the iOS Testflight beta as we prepare for the official launch in a few weeks!

20. momoking

momoking Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Hi I sent a mail to the your contact@xxxx but i didn't receive any feedback and am wondering why.