Universal Checkpoint Champion (by Protostar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    You should see them on Game Center, not through the app directly at this stage it seems.

2. protostarMatt

protostarMatt Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Hey guys!

We just updated Checkpoint Champion! It's not a huge update but it does contain quite a few balance changes and bug fixes. It also adds language support for 11 languages.

Aerodrome Arena is quite a bit easier now as are many of the earlier challenges, so you should be able to set some better scores on those now.

We're adding a Global/Friends toggle on the leaderboard soon as well as a quick shortcut to the Garage from the Challenge Select screen, and I've just started work on some new cars and locations. :)

Anyway, I think I need a little time off. Catch you guys in 2015!! Finally, we'll get our hoverboards! ;)

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

You don't deserve time off especially when you created an addiction to your game, lol. Love it and love the update! Bought the supporter pack to support a great game and the devs! Have a safe and happy holiday!

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Got the update but no star leaderboard as promised, is that a fault.

Happy holidays and waiting for the new locations.

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Previously I 3-starred everything but now in some challenges I'm missing a star. In Aerodrome 1 it was a breeze collecting them so not sure if the tracks changed.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #86 mr_bez, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Yep. I've lost 9 stars too. It seems that these are tracks where the amount of time you start with has increased so the three star time has also increased and my score is no longer below it.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The whole Game Center is not working anymore after the update it's a bummer hope this will get fixed soon.

8. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    That's correct. Unfortunately, that was the only way we could update them. They should be easier to get back than they were the first time. We won't be changing any more levels from now on... I promise! Only adding new ones. :D

This was a REALLY tough call. In the end we decided that the initial challenges were just too hard for too many people. We're looking to add a newbie car and an easy challenge zone at some point in the future too, but I know you hardcore players probably want even more of a challenge! Don't worry, it's coming too! :)

Yikes! It should be working... is anyone else having this problem??

It sure is. It was working during development, but you're right... it's not there now. I'll investigate our iTunes settings and hopefully work out what's gone wrong. Thanks for letting me know!

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I seem to be having the same issue with GC. In the app, I can see my score against friends on the leaderboard, but in the GC app my new score doesn't appear. IOS 8.1, iPhone 5S. I guess ir's working for some, though, as there are plenty of 9s+ scores on there for the first stage.

10. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    Hmmm... I've sent a message to Apple to see if they can help. I'm pretty sure your score won't be submitted unless you're connected to GC when you set it. Besides that, GC could be a bit slow perhaps? Try checking back a little later and maybe it will be updated.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Game Center is still not working, just want to let you know.

12. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I'm also having issues with game centre since the update. (AIR 7.1).Seems to be random if your top time gets uploaded or not.

At first i though it was game centre itself playing up,but all other apps are working fine with game centre.

13. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Been playing the Android version and I got to say it's quite a blast.

I think the best part about it is the fact that it runs perfectly smooth, and the achievements, secret checkpoints and wild checkpoints all have rewards and makes progressing really fun.

Btw do any of you guys have tips?

The only real thing I learned not shown in the tutorial is going a bit in one direction then switching to start a drift faster.

14. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    We're back at work and have submitted a new version with many leaderboard fixes and improvements, and a few other little improvements like a shortcut to get to the garage. It should hopefully be out soon. :)

Also, we've been working on a new location, which will be part of our first big content update, which should be out in about a month. Here's a sneak peek!

[​IMG]

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Nice!!

16. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    And here's a me going for a test drive. You can see how slippery ice will be!

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Cool video can't wait.

The update is also in everything works great now thanks.

I am number 2 on There and back again, just did it.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Played this back when it first released and didnt really like it and insta deleted. Earlier today i re-installed it and something clicked that im really enjoying this game.

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well it was my second best game of the year.

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #100 ROGER-NL, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    The star counter does not work for two days now, I had 219 stars three days ago and I do the daily challenge every day, I was second on the star leaderboard, so that's a big bummer, I liked the game so much, but thinking about deleting it, the fun is gone IMO.

Today the star count worked so I have now 220 stars, strange that it did not work for two days, but what the heck I am gonna leave the game on my device and will play further.