Universal Checkpoint Champion (by Protostar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Same for me. I don't know why :/

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just became no:1 on There and back again, this game is way cool.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    At least it's not just me then, hopefully it'll get sorted

4. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #44 RenTin850, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    How does this game rank you on Game Center? Is it by points or time? It seems like it would be great if it totals up your time and whoever has the lowest[fastest] time gets the higher ranking.

Okay nevermind the timer counts down not up. DUH

5. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    #45 RenTin850, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    I found a secret on one of the maps but I wasn't able to read it quick enough. I only read a part of it and it said secret found and something else. Been playing this game all day and it still has surprises for me#. Loving this game! Has anyone else found a secret in the game and knew what it was?

update: so I found out that if you find enough secret checkpoints it unlocks a paint job.

6. This secret is a free checkpoint star, there is another i didn't be able to read too. It's a ? In purple.

7. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    It's a secret checkpoint. If you find 5 of them it unlocks a paint job for the mustang. Can you pm me on where you found it? And I'll share with you where I found one. I don't wanna spoil it for anyone else if they want to find it on there own.

8. protostarMatt

protostarMatt Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Yeah, I think there could be a bug with the two unlocks where you can't turn right. The first time you do it, it sometimes doesn't work... it's weird. If you do it again, it should work. We'll squash it in an update soon. Thanks for the feedback. :)

9. protostarMatt

protostarMatt Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Haha, nice Rich. Yeah, we localized all the cars, so that is how they should function. :D

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome, thanks for making my daydreaming...fit properly ;) On another note, it looks like you guys are off to a great start and you deserve it. Keep coming with stuff and we'll keep playing!

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. There's tons of other stuff to focus on for now, anyway. One other minor request: would it be possible to access the garage from the challenge select screens? There's a big empty space for a button next to the Go button and I often want to try a challenge with a different car, but it's a bit of a faff to switch at the moment.

12. protostarDean

protostarDean Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Indie game developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Currently the leaderboard is only friends. Is it possible you don't have any friends playing? If so, you should definitely hassle them to play the game :)
    We are thinking about adding a toggle to global.

Yeah, we found ourselves wanting to do that as well. Will definitely consider adding that in an update.

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I love the style and this game could well be really good, but it's not really interesting, I would rather race on a proper track with proper opponents, it would be great, this reminds of another game I played long long ago that was all about drifting, it was nice but felt a bit empty

14. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    #55 retrogamOR, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Brilliant little game - BUT,there are major issues with the online scoreboards.

It's very strange.The first 9 challenge scores upload & stay on gamecentre.But anything AFTER that upload and stay there only for a few hours (including the daily challenge).I go back to the game and all scores are wiped online (except the 1st 9) & my score shows as offline only.

The is infuriating....Especially as many of my times were ranked #1,including the daily challenge yesterday (i'm aware daily chellenge would be wiped anyway,but this happend twice yeserday,so i had to get to #1 twice...Go back a few hours and poof,scores gone again.)

Same thing happend on the dustybowel (old dusty trial) - Got to #1 last night,checked to see if my score had uploaded (it had),come back this morning & my score is wiped from the leaderboards & is showing offline only.

Please fix this,for a game that revolves around Hi-score it's a pretty big issue.

(Ipad AIR 7.1)
    ----------------------------------

**EDIT**

Un-installed game & started again - However,i just checked some of the other game i've been playing recently & those scores have vanished too.So it looks like it isn't an issue with this game.

I've signed out & back in into gamecentre to see if this reolves my issue.Still strange that my times for the 1st nine challenges stick though.
    ------------------------

**EDIT 2**

Wow,gamecentre is really acting strange for me.All my top times have returned (for the moment) in Checkpoint Champion.Including yesterdays challenge....Except for dustybowel (old dusty trial),which has been replaced by my new,much slower time,placing 9th instead of 1st. (after re-install.) which is odd,because i replayed all other tracks & my top times are now restored.

All other scores in other games have also been restored........

Talking of daily challenge - How on earth are people getting times of 7.00sec today? There has to be a shortcut somewhere.......

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wow, An the man is on the loose.

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I very much like the chunky MENU buttons, specially the retry button, you can't miss it Ha Ha.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Anyone know how I'm supposed to log in to Everyplay to post a video? I only seem to have the option to create a new user name.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I guess a screenshot will have to do.

Attached Files: