'Check for updates' not working

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by don_k, Dec 17, 2008.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    sorry to hear that, i have been having the same probs

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's still NOT working!!! arghhh!! :mad:

I've tried to repair permission and match the number of apps on my iTunes and its original folder to no avail.

I have Australian and US account, both can't see any update.

Anyone else still having problem or is it just me alone now?

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, it may not actually be a problem right now. It could be the fact that no apps can be downloaded until Dec 28 when iTunes Connect goes back online. Devs aren't allowed to submit updates or make changes to their apps during this holiday break.

That's what I think is wrong with your update "problem." :) Hopefully that helps

4. beldandy561

beldandy561 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Stopped working in Maryland

I don't think anything that we are doing is the cause of this problem. I think that something is messing up over on the App Store site.

about 4 days ago when people were first starting to talk about this problem here I didn't give it much thought because I was having no problems and most people writing about it were using MACs.

I have not updated any software on my PC or made any settings changes yet at 12:05 AM I began running into the same problem that everyone else was speaking of. First I had intermitent problems completing an "app update check". It would try and then it would not report whether it found anything or not. then after about 4 tries it found 1 update to ChocChoc Pop, but could not go through with the update and would error out. After about 6 tries to update through Itunes I gave up and did what everyone else was doing by updating throught thier Iphone or Touch manually.

Ever since that night I have had to keep updating through my Touch.

I think that something is wonky on Apples servers and they still have not caught it yet.

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    No no, I mean it has never worked again since the first time I started this thread.

6. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#26 schplurg, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    I'm having an issue with iTunes...I think.

I can no longer see my purchase history. I used to just click on "account" then click a button that said "Purchase History", or something to that effect. Now that button is gone. Did Apple change something I'm not aware of? Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread...

Edit:
    Nevermind, it's now a tiny link at the bottom of the iTunes homepage. Why the hell did they move it to that location? Weird

7. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have an Australian iTunes account. And I am now experiencing this problem as of today. I know darn well that I have updates there. As I have several I have not downloaded. One because it is very large, another because I don't want to update it (Kinwits) and others I saw on appshopper that have had updates.

I have a lot of apps so I hope they fix the problem soon as this will soon be a major issue for me! Particularly once the devs can start submitting changes to their apps again.

Prior to obtaining my iPhone I had not used iTunes before. And I can't say that I am all that impressed. It's really slow. There seem to be so many problems that come up with it (this issue is just the last in a long line of problems). And it's hard to access help. I mean is there a way that I can notify Apple about this problem? Or do I have to search around in circles on their website until I stumble across some secret way of alerting them to the problem I am having? :confused: Or do I have to just wait until someone at Apple realises that there is a problem and decides to fix it? Or maybe Santa will fix it for us? Although it is already Boxing Day here now so I will not hold my breath!

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    If you have so many problems, the easiest way would be to go to the Apple Store in George St and talk to a 'genius' there.

9. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

As istopmotion mentioned, iTunes Connect is down until 28th. Since it's the part of their service that deals with developers updating their applications, it's not illogical to assume that checking for updates right now may produce unexpected behavior.

Everyone better wait until the 29th before attempting anything else to fix the problem.