Cheats – caught red handed

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by 1stSPIN, Jul 8, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Developers here are offering prizes as a fun way to encourage members to test their new games. Unfortunately many members don’t play because they know that some members have the ability to get into the code and fraudulently post the score they need to win. This is possible because most of the games have not been coded to protect against this. None the less we should be aware of who these cheats are if there is undeniable proof of their guilt. Those of you playing can point out to the developer offering a game if one of these people are playing. Of course they can register again using a different name but maybe this will wear them down.

2. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #2 1stSPIN, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    C3FFF0E without a doubt has been repeatedly cheating members here from winning their share of prizes and has caused great harm to this forum. He enter 2 games where this is very clear.

2048v2 is a game where the score must be dividable by 4 but his score was not. It was pointed out to him by us and by other members but even with all the facts he kept on dodging trying to put the blame on someone else. This is where the game is offered http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=265074

3DOOOTS high scores over 9150 have a mathematical way of calculating. His score was proven to be impossible. Again he is without answers. This is where the game is offered
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=265383

I would caution all players who are playing any games he is in to warn the developer.

3. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Thanks for the heads-up. I think there should be a thread like this that shows all the other possible hackers in this forum. I think that would give the developers and players a warning when that person joins.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is terrible. Disrespectful and should be looked into

5. The fact that C3FFF0E cheated was not good. Worse yet was that he makes up excuses and lie about the fact that he is cheating and has no remorse after it is pointed out to him that he has been caught cheating and continue to do so in subsequent contests. It really takes the fun out of these contests.

6. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I agree

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Aren't both of these your games?

8. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    merchantscps is our 2nd cheat. His/her 2048 score is mathematically impossible. Just joined to take the $100 in cash prize away from Touch Arcade member. Game center name is the same merchantscps. Don't think you will see to much of this member because he/she just joined in July. Warn other developers if this person plays their game for prizes.

9. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Good News
    I strongly believe we solved the cheat / hack problem big time. Finally you can play a competition and know you really have a chance to win.

We just launched a new contest with $100 cash 1st prize for grabs and this one is cheat proof! It was introduced to me by one of our members. You check it out. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=266519

10. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Cheat proof but not available to all members.
    (Although, if someone is good with editing, graphics, splicing, etc, it might not be so cheat proof)

11. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    It would be hard and really not worth the time considering the amount of the prize. But I will add some special code for additional security.

Now about not being available to all. Maybe members here can help you solve that. Really like to have you join in.:)

12. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #12 Lavender, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    I wouldn't want you to add extra code and have to go through all that extra work. I am just pointing out that it's not perfect.
    Good luck you!