Charging

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ItzWei, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ItzWei

ItzWei Active Member

Dec 14, 2008
    On an iPod Touch 1g.
    Let's start with a little background information.
    It's an iPod Touch 1g, latest firmware, nonjailbroken, had for 1 year (since december), has Apple Care Plan thing (warranty)
    Right now, when I charge it (from the outlet thing, I have an old one, the bigger one) overnight beside my pillow, I have to fidget with the plug (that plugs into the ipod socket) into a SPECIFIC position for it to charge. Then when I leave the room, the charge stops (whenever i check back on it occasionally, the battery is still down to 10%)
    Oh, I also would like to let you know the cords I use are old too, +1 years old.
    Old from wear and tear, etc

Sometimes it just won't charge at all, no matter how much I fidget
    what is the problem here? the plug? the ipod?
    if i take this into Apple, will they replace my ipod, or just give me a new plug/outlet connector?

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Just buy a new connector. The little metal piece that holds it in is probably broken. Try that, then take it in.

3. ploppo

ploppo Member

Jan 18, 2009
    mine does exactly the same thing, i've got an ipod first gen too, and it will charge for about two minutes, then starts making the unplugging and plug in sounds continuously unless you just unplug it anyway
    it charges just fine with the computer, but i found that getting a plug to usb adapter and just using my usb cord charged it perfectly :)

4. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Maybe the outlet needs to be changed? Does it work with other devices?