Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    aha! got it! I've been trying to pump and test to see how many seeds i can feed it before it caps instead of thinking loose points upped... looks like i can get away with using my memory drops after all

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Still my favorite mobile RPG! I'm glad people are still playing it, as there's so much to do. And those lovely year around holiday events. I'm still praying that they made a bunch of money off this one to make a CR4 similar / better than CR3.

I hope they don't pull some freemium social online timer RPG fest. Capcom let me down with their new Monster Hunter mobile.

3. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    John Doe is an offense-oriented gene. You're wasting slots by putting Nocturnal Blessing and Last Stand on there. I have mine with Magnum Fang and Physical Booster heritage skills. I'm also going to give him Berserk Catalyst.

4. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    I got him emperor mode and last stand :p should be helpful in a pinch

5. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    #1965 Tenebr1s, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    So, after mucking around a little, here's my final John Doe and Shizuka Gozen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shizuka Gozen is fed +40 def to help brave the biggest hits
    John Doe is fed + atk to maximize damage

6. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    If you can replace Moonlight Shadow and maybe Augmented Zero with Floodgate and Critical First, you'll have a John Doe who is deadly even with normal attacks, plus you'll have another combo starter for the team.

Healing is actually based on the def stat if you didnt know already. Consider replace Augmented healing with Recovery x1.5. You can get it as a reward from Lv100 Magma Ocean

7. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    I actually would like crit first and floodgate on john doe, but I can't find the genes for them... I can stand to lose last stand but emperor mode is not going away it's there to stay.
    I have recov. 1.5* on healer :p

8. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    ...oh yea does anyone have a gear faq/guide? I'm trying to set up weapons/armor and acessories for all my characters (don't sweat grinding for gear, after breeding that many genes i have the patience of a saint)

9. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    #1969 ho1yski3s, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    I made a section in the FAQ explaining what each character is good for. The item drop list shows where to get mods. Elemental Weapons from S Rank is in the FAQ too. Other than that equipment is really based on your playstyle and the enemy. My setup is "mass attack or kill em before they kill you" and tries to max out floodgate damage when normal attacking:

Leary (Wagner/Rapunzel)
    Weapon: Heart Stealer II +40 Break

Elroux (Hippolyta/Arrhianrod)
    Weapon: First Rib +40 Earth/Holy Mother +40 Light

Al (Indra/Xuanzang)
    Weapon: Alter La Traviata +40 Bolt

For boss fights which i can't kill with mass attack alone; i use Kishibojin:

MC (Nostradamus/Kishibojin)
    Weapon: Divine Comedy +40 Fire

I don't use Mr Seaweed Hair. Sry Daisuke.

Armor: Thousand Voyager (cuz style)
    Accessories: Ain Soph Aur +50 Attack on everybody.

I uploaded a list genes i used for my entire second playthrough, the ones on the left are my main team for farming and boss rushing. The others were used before building this team/ situational. There's also Arrhianrod and Xuanzang, nothing special about the abilities.

Attached Files:

10. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Are these guys going to update the game for iOS 9 anytime soon? The resolution is all messed up and loads require some roundabout soulutions....

11. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    I run John Doe + Gozen + Alex now
    it can trample dorothy no problem.
    Mc, elroux and al respectively...
    P.s. I may upload pics once i find my f*cking usb cables and charge my phone
    P.p.s. the +90 dark defense gear from dorothy is super helpful

12. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Sooooo... About that OST on the American iTunes store... Any time now would be nice, Square Enix.

13. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    Yet another attempt at perfect John Doe:
    Advanced Odette (Duh)
    Asura Lotus (Duh again)
    Dark booster
    Floodgate
    Crit first attack
    Crit *2

Inherited:
    Emperor mode
    Physical or magic booster << I need help deciding

frankly, last stand was useless for me soo... I'm going for that, dunno if affinity booster is better but if it is plz let me know

14. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    how did oyu get critical first attack on john doe?

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Does this work on iOS9?

16. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    #1976 Tenebr1s, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    It was a skill item from tetrad or forbidden monster or seven sins

Anyhow, that john doe, shizuka gozen, and smow tiger passer kills almost all bosses before my initial emperor mode expires... Impressive imo

17. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    do we have a list of arena events? (the one listed in the faq doesn't tell exact mobs fought [I actually just want to find catastrophe and farm infinity somas whatever they do])

18. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    The Item Drop list shows the seasonal mobs and what they drop (elemental mod items) but i didnt complete the seasonal bosses because those always drop the same kind of item (the event item or somas). I recently added an entry for the S Rank Bosses' skills and I'll complete it soon hopefully.

19. dr4g0n

dr4g0n New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Level up team ?

How to level up the team level ? ... As I noticed it will only level up after I max up a gene, mostly SR or a bunch of R genes ... and sometimes when I combine R genes into SR genes ... does doing quest also level up your team level ? Any insight will be appreciated ... thx

20. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    There are 138 genes you can collect, thats one level per new gene that you obtain. Don't forget to talk to Mariv everytime.